B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

i know, ipod ? again... but will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:54 AM
2nd Gear
Default i know, ipod ? again... but will this work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...fAudioQ5fVideo

Whats the difference between these 2?

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...LINK1_V1B.html

Last edited by lumend13; 03-08-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lumend13
The first one looks like a generic hookup for audio input. IE you will change songs using your iPod and not the cars stereo controls.

The second one looks like it is iPod specific (possibly charges the iPod and gives you control via the car stereo interface).

I would find out for sure before making the decision - and research it. The time involved in a clean install is the biggest expense. Go with the right equipment even if it costs more - otherwise you will just lower the value of your car.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
Old 03-08-2010, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

I use the Sony tape player I got from Amazon for $10all day everyday. ((:

Old 03-08-2010, 01:58 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by charlieaf92
The first one looks like a generic hookup for audio input. IE you will change songs using your iPod and not the cars stereo controls.

The second one looks like it is iPod specific (possibly charges the iPod and gives you control via the car stereo interface).

I would find out for sure before making the decision - and research it. The time involved in a clean install is the biggest expense. Go with the right equipment even if it costs more - otherwise you will just lower the value of your car.
im trying to find sumthing not too expensive, but easy to install and use.. so has anyone buy anything like this???

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
i know theyr cheap and have "ok" sound quality, im sure i have to buy one at least avery month, lol

Old 03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

, im sure i have to buy one at least avery month, lol
I got mine at walmart for $10 and have used it about 6 months now! I mean do what you like for your car but seems like a lot of extra hassle and money...

Last edited by chocalotstarfish; 03-08-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:14 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
I got mine at walmart for $10 and have used it about 6 months now! I mean do what you like for your car but seems like a lot of extra hassle and money...
ill probably go for that, ,I can buy a better equipment, but i rather put the extra money on my savings...

Old 03-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

And bonus you can use it with other mp3 not just your Ipod! nothing quite as fun as driving down the highway with your laptop on the passenger seat going threw every song You've ever had + is you have wireless internet youtube while driving! *Please note I am not liable for your *** wrecking your car while watching **** with the sound cranked threw the car speakers while driving!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

hmmm - it looks like you can charge the ipod while using it if you want to spend an extra $50. But that's all. You still can't use the radio controls to control the ipod, you still won't be able to see the song choice on the radio display, etc.

I've only had my car for 2 weeks. Right now, the ashtray works pretty well for holding my blackberry (which is my mp3 player, navigator, phone, etc). But it is a pain to keep it charging (and when using the navigator, it has to be plugged in because the screen will drain the battery).

By the way - I'm using a simple jabra 700 (or something) bluetooth to fm modulator (and speaker phone). But as I'm driving down the road (or stopped at a red light) other peoples music overpowers mine. One of these days I'm going to lower the window and ask the other driver what kind of fm modulator they are using!

Old 03-09-2010, 12:05 AM
2nd Gear

the tape adapters are ok, i have one too but when you turn the volume on your mp3 too high you can hear buzzing in the speakers. i heard that the fm transmitters or w/e they are called have better sound quality, something like this http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CCQQ8gIwAg#

Quick Reply: i know, ipod ? again... but will this work?