B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I hate liars......

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
Wow, are you effin serious? Damn the luck, bro! Sounds like a late night *** beating, then deny everything...
I was REALLY pissed off, like anybody would have been. It might have been the shock of seeing the damage and listening to 4 plow drivers all say they didn't do it, but the whole time I was standing there talking to the officer, I had my snow brush in my hand.

At one point I told them all to shut the **** up unless they decided to tell the truth, the officer told me to put the brush down and calm down. I told the officer I'm over the damage, I really am....it's the fact that everyone lied about it and now I'm going to have to go through the hassle of getting this fixed.

The company I work for is looking into the matter and even considering dropping their contract. They are trying to get them to at least cover the deductible ($500).....we shall see.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by NickBroderick
You can borrow my trunk lid
I appreciate the offer, but I'll betaking a drive to everybody's favorite Audi parts emporium, Shokan.

Not looking forward to the 2 hour drive but, I am being **** about what lid goes back on the car....even if it is a different color for a short bit.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDrunk
I appreciate the offer, but I'll betaking a drive to everybody's favorite Audi parts emporium, Shokan.

Not looking forward to the 2 hour drive but, I am being **** about what lid goes back on the car....even if it is a different color for a short bit.
Still pretty new to Audis. What is the difference in the Euro lid?

Old 02-11-2010, 07:56 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Wvjon
Still pretty new to Audis. What is the difference in the Euro lid?
there is a wider opening recessed into the trunk to allow for the longer european plate
Name:  IMG_1326.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  106.4 KB

Last edited by ObnoxiousDrunk; 02-11-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:00 PM
5th Gear

you should just take the money from insurance and buy you're own trunk. i bet you'll end up with a little more than the money you get though. mods...

Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by hiwords
you should just take the money from insurance and buy you're own trunk. i bet you'll end up with a little more than the money you get though. mods...
That's what I'm thinking right now, but I'll have to wait til Saturday to see if it'll really happen......

Old 02-12-2010, 09:40 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDrunk
there is a wider opening recessed into the trunk to allow for the longer european plate

God I want one... in Carbon Fiber since my car is dark grey, and it wouldn't stand out...

Old 02-12-2010, 05:57 PM
3rd Gear
Talking

So I made the pilgrimage to Shokan this morning. After dealing with the highway, I was gladly treated to some nice twisty backroads, which lead to a rather unassuming driveway.

At first I thought it was someone's personal driveway, and it was, but it went further.......into the woods......and there I was.

In Audi heaven........I mean heaven as in I haven't seen so many dead Audis before in my life. They have a very nice setup for the area they have to work with and I must say they don't fool around. I walked into the garage and my trunk lid was lying in wait for me.

(took the picture at home........that's not the shop floor)
Name:  IMG00235.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  70.8 KB

de-badging the lid tonight to get it ready for paint.

All in all, I was able to get a ton of frustration out by driving the car like it should.......the roads up there were awesome.....the smile never left my face, until I hit the highway an hour later.

More info for tomorrow after the estimate..........

Old 02-12-2010, 06:03 PM
4th Gear

Leave it to Audi enthusiasts to put there shop out in the middle of no where so they can enjoy the ride to and from work every day!

One day I'll have my Audi up in the New England area, and I'm going to tear up the Kanganungas Highway near Conway, NH. It's a nice little scenic drive with some good turns and cut backs running through the mountains. Just me and the radar detector, and the wife too, if she promises not to complain about driving too fast!

Old 02-12-2010, 07:06 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
Leave it to Audi enthusiasts to put there shop out in the middle of no where so they can enjoy the ride to and from work every day!

One day I'll have my Audi up in the New England area, and I'm going to tear up the Kanganungas Highway near Conway, NH. It's a nice little scenic drive with some good turns and cut backs running through the mountains. Just me and the radar detector, and the wife too, if she promises not to complain about driving too fast!
I used to drive up there every summer with my family in the minivan, my dad used to comment on how twisty it was every year we go up there. I'm going to New Hampshire tomorrow and maybe on the way home on sunday, if it's close, I'll take my car on that road.

Quick Reply: I hate liars......