B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

The "I got my SpeedTuning Chip" Thread pt. 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:56 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by mexican47
what are you doing to the exterior??
I should've done some of that stuff to mine while it was down too but I was a lil short on $$$, I was thinkin of painting my calipers, installing my magnaflow cats & maybe painting my rims gunmetal....

anyways, It did feel better last night when I went for another drive, till I got a CEL
I went back home and checked it w/ vag-com to find 3 codes.
a low voltage code (from disconecting the ECU, i think)
P1127 Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank1 System too Rich
P1129 Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank2 System too Rich
its both banks so I dont think it'd be the O2 sensor, thinkin its a vacuum leak(what do u guys think?)
I cleared them and they haven't came back...
Sorry to hear about your codes, thats no fun. I would put my money on a vac leak if you're running rich.

As for my visual stuff, I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted to, but I painted my rims and calipers and am very satisfied with the results. I have some chitty phone pics posted in my album on here, I'll link em in a new thread so everyone can see and comment. I wanted to tint the tails and sidemarkers and do my interior suede beltline trim wrap project, but the wheels took a lot longer than expected so those and the calipers were all that got done.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:35 AM
1st Gear
Default Really?!

whoops

Last edited by wildfan4eva; 11-30-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by A4Cragman
Sorry to hear about your codes, thats no fun. I would put my money on a vac leak if you're running rich.

As for my visual stuff, I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted to, but I painted my rims and calipers and am very satisfied with the results. I have some chitty phone pics posted in my album on here, I'll link em in a new thread so everyone can see and comment. I wanted to tint the tails and sidemarkers and do my interior suede beltline trim wrap project, but the wheels took a lot longer than expected so those and the calipers were all that got done.
yeah I saw the other thread about ur painted rims and calipers and they look really good. I've been thinkin about painting my calipers too, I also wanna wrap my interior trim in CF fabric but school's a priority right now so all of this is gonna be put on hold, for now at least

...oh and I found what was throwing the codes, it was a vacuum leak at the fuel pressure regulator so thats fixed!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 PM
2nd Gear

Nice man, congrats on figuring it out so quickly. I wonder if thats where my leak is... I'm not throwing any codes other than way off fuel trims and P0411 for secondary air injection, but I'm pretty sure theres a vac leak in there somewhere to cause the system to run as rich as it is.

That said, how on earth did you change your screen name? I thought we weren't given the option to do that...

Old 09-04-2009, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by A4Cragman
Nice man, congrats on figuring it out so quickly. I wonder if thats where my leak is... I'm not throwing any codes other than way off fuel trims and P0411 for secondary air injection, but I'm pretty sure theres a vac leak in there somewhere to cause the system to run as rich as it is.

That said, how on earth did you change your screen name? I thought we weren't given the option to do that...
yeah well I already knew the vacuum hose going to the vacuum reservoir was cracked so I started there, I got 8ft of hose and went on a rampage. when i got to the FPR it was almost ripped in half so i knew it had to be it lol

....oh and changin the username is not an option lol I actually hadn't even realized it had been changed till you mentioned it haha. but this is how I did it
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=138064
then i just PM'd the guy and he changed it for me

Old 09-04-2009, 11:49 AM
1st Gear

I've got a quick question that I hope you guys could answer and I didn't feel the need to create a whole new thread about it.

Since I got the speedtuning ship in my 2000 1.8tq, I've noticed the boost is a bit laggy... or choppy when I step on it. Could this be a leak somewhere? Or possibly something much worse...

I haven't gotten around to checking for leaks yet, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by wildfan4eva
First, the number of posts on some member board mean absolutely NOTHING! I could have worked on Audi's all my life (including performance) and have ZERO posts, so in reality "MORE POSTS" means nothing for the most part. Anyway, I never called anyone "DIPSHITS", so you can take your out of context crap elsewhere. IF your software is bad, then you are the one in a hundred or so that got shafted. IF this is the case, then it sucks to be you I guess. You seriously have taken what I said way out of context. There are many other people on this MB that obviously don't know a thing about what they are doing. Some people don't even know how to look for a vacuum leak, yet don't hesitate to scream "chip failure". You may be that exception like I said, but it doesn't happen to often. Also, you make it sound as if Speedtuning is the only company with issues regarding non-functioning ECU upgrades, well I can surely tell you that although it RARELY happens with any company, it does occur equally among all. I wouldn't solely base my opinion off what you read in a forum, but in reality I see each and every company having issues on "OCCASION". So again, take your family directed "US" comment and take a flying leap! I never said "EVERYONE", I said "SOME". I am starting to think you may be one of them at this point however, at least when it comes to exaggeration and sensitivity....hahhahah.
Yeah. ok # of posts does mean nothing. but I have seen on other boards where someone (presumably a vendor or someone who has been getting a bad rep) will come on and start defending themselves by playing like they are a customer. they come on and make one post hyping up the crappy product/service thinking nobody is going to see through it.
that is what your post looked like to me. If thats not the case I apologize.
For all you know my car could have 40 thousand miles and have brand new o2, maf, dv, n75, and so on....
It does seem so much more likely that it is a user hardware problem, but if you do the research like I have to fix the problem, you will see SEVERAL people who had problems boosting with speedtuning and then went with GIAC or others and now they have no problems.. explain that for me

Old 09-04-2009, 01:07 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN
yeah well I already knew the vacuum hose going to the vacuum reservoir was cracked so I started there, I got 8ft of hose and went on a rampage. when i got to the FPR it was almost ripped in half so i knew it had to be it lol

....oh and changin the username is not an option lol I actually hadn't even realized it had been changed till you mentioned it haha. but this is how I did it
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=138064
then i just PM'd the guy and he changed it for me
Nice, thats way cool. Guess I know what to do if I ever get bored with mine haha.

But yea, replacing vac lines is key. I still have a fair amount of mine that need replaced. I basically just swapped out all the little bits and pieces that sit right on top of the TB and it made some difference in the idle but the fuel trims are still off so I think its time I check and or replace the rest of them. Where is the FPR? Seems like that might be a good place for me to start since its my fuel trims that are off.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:07 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Broncoman75
Yeah. ok # of posts does mean nothing. but I have seen on other boards where someone (presumably a vendor or someone who has been getting a bad rep) will come on and start defending themselves by playing like they are a customer. they come on and make one post hyping up the crappy product/service thinking nobody is going to see through it.
that is what your post looked like to me. If thats not the case I apologize.
For all you know my car could have 40 thousand miles and have brand new o2, maf, dv, n75, and so on....
It does seem so much more likely that it is a user hardware problem, but if you do the research like I have to fix the problem, you will see SEVERAL people who had problems boosting with speedtuning and then went with GIAC or others and now they have no problems.. explain that for me
I wonder if the problem lies with the ECUs themselves? Is there any correlation between whos had problems and what motor they have? I'm '01 and have had zero problems with my tune. Maybe I'll start a poll to see if there is a pattern of who has had issues and which year they have. I'm definitely not doubting that you're having issues nor if you're trying everything you can to correct it.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by McGovs1.8B5
I wonder if the problem lies with the ECUs themselves? Is there any correlation between whos had problems and what motor they have? I'm '01 and have had zero problems with my tune. Maybe I'll start a poll to see if there is a pattern of who has had issues and which year they have. I'm definitely not doubting that you're having issues nor if you're trying everything you can to correct it.
Yes please do start a poll!
It has been suggested to post the ECU versions, but nobody including myself has done it.
I opened up my ecu box but wasnt sure which numbers on there were the right ones. Is it the ones on top of the bar code or under it?