B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

The "I got my SpeedTuning Chip" Thread pt. 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:49 AM

finally got my ECU back. deffinately noticed something diff
...maybe not what I was hoping for (although I've only driven it for ~35mi but I doubt it'll change much within the next 50+ mi) but its deffinately torquier, smoother and more responsive.... with the roads still wet from some earlier showers I was able to get the rear end loose a couple times on turns and roundabouts
I'll probably go for another quick drive sometime tonight and see if anything else changes!!

Old 08-11-2009, 02:22 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by mexican47
...maybe not what I was hoping for (although I've only driven it for ~35mi but I doubt it'll change much within the next 50+ mi) but its deffinately torquier, smoother and more responsive.... with the roads still wet from some earlier showers I was able to get the rear end loose a couple times on turns and roundabouts
I'll probably go for another quick drive sometime tonight and see if anything else changes!!
I like hearing that there will be somewhat of a noticeable difference. Sending mine out Friday (they picked a great time to go on vacation :P ) so hopefully by Wednesday next week I can be running the tune and looking better (working on some visual goodies this weekend while she's disabled ) Post up if you notice more change in the next 50 miles

Old 08-12-2009, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by A4Cragman
I like hearing that there will be somewhat of a noticeable difference. Sending mine out Friday (they picked a great time to go on vacation :P ) so hopefully by Wednesday next week I can be running the tune and looking better (working on some visual goodies this weekend while she's disabled ) Post up if you notice more change in the next 50 miles
what are you doing to the exterior??
I should've done some of that stuff to mine while it was down too but I was a lil short on $$$, I was thinkin of painting my calipers, installing my magnaflow cats & maybe painting my rims gunmetal....

anyways, It did feel better last night when I went for another drive, till I got a CEL
I went back home and checked it w/ vag-com to find 3 codes.
a low voltage code (from disconecting the ECU, i think)
P1127 Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank1 System too Rich
P1129 Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank2 System too Rich
its both banks so I dont think it'd be the O2 sensor, thinkin its a vacuum leak(what do u guys think?)
I cleared them and they haven't came back...

Old 08-12-2009, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by mexican47
Glad to hear all in all worked out!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Legal Moderator

well i sent mine out monday morning. any chance ill be seeing it this week you think?

Old 08-12-2009, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

Keep those fingers crossed because I know they're on vaca until friday. Hopefully someone might be in there.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by redline380
well i sent mine out monday morning. any chance ill be seeing it this week you think?

Well it depends what shipping you paid for. If you got express, you will be seeing it today or tomorrow. I live in cali, and i sent mine on a monday and got it back in the am on wendsday.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

Well it's been a few days since I got mine put in. Replaced the diverter valve the same day. I did notice a difference right away and a pretty significant one at that. I'm please with it, but I still think something is going on that it making the boost delivery kinda rough. So I gotta look into that...

Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 PM
1st Gear
Default I don't get it?

whoops

Last edited by wildfan4eva; 11-30-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by wildfan4eva
So I have had my speedtuning chip on my 01 A4 1.8T now for about 40,000 miles. I have friends with GIAC and APR which also have the B5 Quattro and mine is still more powerful than theirs! My boost gauge sais I spike at 21 and hold at 18-19. I don't understand why so many on here are getting a chip when your vaccum lines or whatever aren't even functioning properly; ever heard of priority's? Blaming speedtuning for your lack of education when it comes to after-market performance is simply ridiculous. There are about 15 guys or so that I know whom either have B4's or B5's 1.8t's and every single one of them love their speedtuning. Unless Oliver is just hooking up us Minnesota boy's, I have a hard time believing that some of you are getting your ECU's back and claiming bogus company and "NO CHANGE WHATSOEVER"??? Maybe it's the user rather than speedtuning, ever thought about that? (you know who you are)!! For $125 buks, speedtuning is by FAR better than GIAC and APR for the 91 octane set-up B5 1.8T...it's that simple. I have proof seeing as about 15 of my friends all race and test each others chip upgrades, and we all have come up with the conclusion that ST is marginally better than GIAC and APR 91 Octane set-up....but most importantly a WAYYYY better of a deal.

and who are you to come on here with a total of TWO posts and call us dipshits?
I did replace my vacuum lines, diverter valve, and checked for boost leaks twice before I said anything about the software... which i would definitely say has a problem in my case.. If you think you can come find a problem with my car do it. i challenge you.
If it was that us with problems are all idiots with shitty cars there would be just as many people with GIAC and APR chips with problems, but that doesnt appear to be the case here.

Quick Reply: The "I got my SpeedTuning Chip" Thread pt. 2