B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I dont want to own a audi anymore...........

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 02:17 PM
2nd Gear

Tweak, yes they are but im 21 all those things i bought it when i was 17 when just school work, this was my first car i love the car to death but i do not know if i can anymore, just today popped a cel so i took it to advance auto got it scanned said system too lean bank 1, i already replaced o2, maf sensors and coilpacks, and plugs. So far i have not driven the car 3 days in a row this summer. I appreciate everyones help, , the car is part of THE STRESS but i wish that i lived the american dream or my family did. My family does not speak any english, and i am the only son . i go everywhere do everything for my family. Its tough when you are involved in everyones personal life in your family but what can i say it was meant to be. Im sorry it got little personal believe me when you are stressed out even just words can make you feel better sometimes. Thank you guys.

Last edited by Sp33d07; 08-12-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Gotta go with the flow on this one. Besides some driveline bolts and the torx bits in the car, a $99 Sears toolset will handle almost everything in the car. When something fails, you DEFINITELY need to come here first and post. Hell, the crew of us here in Binghamton have been building a stockpile of parts lately. We have a tip transmission controller from a 98 quattro that could've been yours for $100. I think Hiwords has at least one extra O2 sensor (think I remember you saying that, Yu). And with the extensive knowledge on here of so many members, to say nothing of guys like AudiTech79 and Techbod who are Audi-certified mechanics, I know you could've saved a LOT of money and hassle.

Not trying to rub egg in your face man - just remember that this forum exists for several reasons, one of which is to help each other solve issues with the cars. Whatever failure you have, guaranteed at least half a dozen active members have solved the same issue in the past.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

dude i was in the same boat as you. i had just bought my car like 6 months ago and have already put 2600 bucks worth of s**t in to my baby. i was on the verge of dumpin her to but i vented on audi forums and got my hopes up, you really should other just sell it and get a different one. audis rule man and all euro cars are gonna cost ya an arm and a leg for repairs. imo its worth it and if you really dont wannt pay learn what a wrench is

Old 08-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Administrator

It probably isn't a good time to dump the car - you just put so much into it that you've fixed a lot of problems. Now enjoy the car awhile.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:09 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Sp33d07
I appreciate everyones help, , the car is part of THE STRESS but i wish that i lived the american dream or my family did. My family does not speak any english, and i am the only son . i go everywhere do everything for my family.
That's rough, dude. I would agree an Audi is probably not the best choice of vehicle right now. Don't give up, just keep pushing on. The good life doesn't come easy for most of us. If the Audi is bringing you down, trade it in for a Jetta or Golf, something a bit newer with less mileage, maybe even a warranty.

Maybe it would be best to sell the goodies and bring your car back to stock if you still have all the original parts. It will help you recoup some cash for maintenance or you can put it towards a new car.

Good luck!

P.S.... I think the "American Dream" just means lots of credit card bills and a giant mortgage on a house...

Old 08-15-2008, 02:02 AM

I'm 19 years old man. You're 21 now. I got my Audi when I was 18, and I knew what I was getting into. A 99 with 100k on the clock, and a sh*t load of work to do. Sure, the car had SOME stuff done to it, but not nearly what I want/ed to do to it. But before I even put anything else ON the car, I started replacing things. I'm the type of person that is proactive when it comes to things that I care about. People don't understand today that these cars are expensive. They're european. Honestly, I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but we all knew this when we were getting into our cars. I've spent close to 7k on my car already just from replacing stuff. Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect world. I don't blame you for your cars problems, but you need to be proactive about it. Jump on here when you get a chance, read up on some stuff, post around, and learn some things. I've built up a database of knowledge just by reading and understanding posts from other AF members. There are ways to get around spending thousands of dollars and that is to be smart about it, and DIY. I understand that you're a young guy, going to college, prolly don't have a lot of money, nor time. I am in the same boat. Fortunately, there's always someone willing to help us out. I apologize if it seems like I am preaching to you, but I just want you to understand that we're all in the same boat. We all have audi's and we're all stuck with problems sometimes. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you stick with your Audi. They're great cars if you take care of them. Just remember.. Take care of it, and it will take care of you. Good luck mate.