B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

how many different paint codes per color? anyone know?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 03:50 PM
1st Gear
Default how many different paint codes per color? anyone know?

I need to replace the rear bumper, trunk lid, and drivers door on my 98.5 a4, it's dark blue (santorin blue?)

i was wondering if there are a bunch of different paint codes for these cars for the same color, or if all of them are the same because if i find a parts car that i can take these panels from would they match? i know it's going to be slightly different just because of the environment each car has been in has differed, weather sitting in the sun or being garaged, etc

but are ALL santorin blue a4's the same paint code? just want to know before i start buying bumpers and trunk lids and finding out they don't match when i put them on... (an unmatching door would look especially terrible!)

thanks guys always helpful!

Old 07-05-2012, 04:15 PM

sanatorian blue is LZ5K i believe only one code for it, its also in the trunk, spare tire well on a sticker.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jonbonesjones
sanatorian blue is LZ5K i believe only one code for it, its also in the trunk, spare tire well on a sticker.
alright thanks just making sure because santorin blue was on 98-01's and i know some manufacturers slightly alter paint colors throughout different years, even if it looks the same it may be a little different.

but if santorin blue is santorin blue, i should be able to pull doors and bumpers off any of them and have them match pretty well then

Old 07-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Some colors did change between model years, but as far as I know Santorin wasn't one of them.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 PM
1st Gear

Now the hard part... Finding a santorin car with a good drivers door, rear bumper and trunk lid... Any idea how much I should pay for these parts if I happen to find them?

And are there any differences in the doors of the b5's? Would a 2001 door be fine for a 98, I swore I've seen different door handles maybe I'm on crack

Last edited by DewAudiA4; 07-05-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Can't say for sure if you're on crack, but you're right about the door handles

Check this site out to see what will fit and what won't:

Mark's A4 Quattrobonium - A4 Differences

There were a few more changes apart from what's on that page like windshield washer nozzles, some random suspension parts, and a bunch of interior bits, but that should just about cover it.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:50 AM

i can find you all the parts you need, I'm hitting the yard today but if they don't have it either way i can find them, lmk

Last edited by jonbonesjones; 07-06-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

i can find you all the parts you need, I'm hitting the yard today but if they don't have it either way i can find them, lmk
If you find them let me know, I need a drivers door, rear bumper, and trunk lid, mine aren't bad but I'd rather replace them than repair, if I can find them for reasonable prices... thanks though man I appreciate it if you find them.

Originally Posted by CCA4
Can't say for sure if you're on crack, but you're right about the door handles

Check this site out to see what will fit and what won't:

Mark's A4 Quattrobonium - A4 Differences

There were a few more changes apart from what's on that page like windshield washer nozzles, some random suspension parts, and a bunch of interior bits, but that should just about cover it.
Haha yeah I thought the door handles were different! I want to upgrade to the double din dash and center console, I hate my cupholders in my 98.5

Old 07-06-2012, 08:12 PM

i know door skins are 50, trunks are around 100, and fenders are 50-100
i will call my dude and see whats up, ill ship them wherever for you.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:04 AM
1st Gear

i know door skins are 50, trunks are around 100, and fenders are 50-100
i will call my dude and see whats up, ill ship them wherever for you.
would these be painted? i am trying to find people parting out cars on craigslist or cars at junkyards that are already santorin because i don't have the money to have them painted (i'd paint them myself but butt-matching a door wouldn't be too easy, and i don't feel like blending nor do i have a paint booth or the time... haha)

i need a rear bumper, door or door skin, and a trunk lid in santorin blue, a hood wouldn't be bad either, but price wise i'm on a tight budget...

hmmm, the stride for perfection on this car is burning a hole in my pocket

Quick Reply: how many different paint codes per color? anyone know?