B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

How fast is your a4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: How fast is your a4?

Hey, thats what you get with diluted people

Old 02-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech Slut

cincy, a little obsessed with the word "diluted" tonight? haha

Old 02-18-2008, 11:35 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Beer Mod

This thread is FukingGay [sm=oopssign.gif]
i thinkyour sig says it all

Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

that kid has various videos of his car on youtube, he's done 6k clutch drops before and they've all gone well, but that vid shows what happens when your an idiot and think your STI's tranny is gona survive repeated 6k drops. i can do 6k drops no prob tho but its not the best way to launch

honestly tho, a4's shouldn't even be compared to STI's. two totally different cars built for totally different purposes.
so you have seen plenty of sti's dump the clutch and go, yet youre asking me if i'm sure they can do it? i'm confused. and noone is comparing an sti to an a4... we were just saying why that kid doesnt beat sti's.
i was just trying to show what happens when you think you can do 6k drops all the time

Old 02-18-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm make believe

cincy, a little obsessed with the word "diluted" tonight? haha
i think it best suits the 2 people in this thread

Old 02-19-2008, 03:06 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: czwalga
Actually bud, go check your facts; you will find you are very wrong.

A little common knowledge about FI and compression will tell you all you need to know. There is less air for a N/A engine to run. Since there is less air obviously less power, however when you run say 10 psi; you're still compressing the air to the same exact PSI you would be at sealevel. While the altitude effects all cars, it has far less effect on FI cars.
heres a lesson for you...
Air density decreases 3% at each 1000 feet of elevation above sea level. As the air gets "thinner", the compressor wheel must spin faster to maintain the same psi of boost, however, this often makes the turbo run a higher rpm than is efficient, which makes you lose serious power... ever notice how youre turbo stops pulling when you are at high engine rpm... its because its running out of its efficiency range.
WHat, you telling me i can have my ko3s hold 20psi at 7k

I love when diluted people. This guy is now in with kemp, same with the dood that think he can pull on sti's.... sorry, modded sti's

Wow, mis-information like this is why audiforums is the butt of audi community jokes. There is a reason why things like planes and Hillclimb cars are turbocharged as opposed to N/A
read and learn
http://www.amtonline.com/publication...&pageNum=1
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36621

find me some actual info that says other-wise "mr. diluted"

Old 02-19-2008, 05:13 AM

Spoiler: Oxygen is flammable.
Spoiler 2: Oxygen levels decrease with higher elevation
Spoiler 3: Turbochargers in jets compress what little air there is, thus more "bang for the buck" than a N/A engine which would provide so little oxygen, it wouldn't make as much power.
Spoiler 4: Turbochargers on jet engines use alternate technologies and are probably quite a lot bigger to maintain efficiency.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: czwalga
Actually bud, go check your facts; you will find you are very wrong.

A little common knowledge about FI and compression will tell you all you need to know. There is less air for a N/A engine to run. Since there is less air obviously less power, however when you run say 10 psi; you're still compressing the air to the same exact PSI you would be at sealevel. While the altitude effects all cars, it has far less effect on FI cars.
heres a lesson for you...
Air density decreases 3% at each 1000 feet of elevation above sea level. As the air gets "thinner", the compressor wheel must spin faster to maintain the same psi of boost, however, this often makes the turbo run a higher rpm than is efficient, which makes you lose serious power... ever notice how youre turbo stops pulling when you are at high engine rpm... its because its running out of its efficiency range.

Uhh, no ****? Provided you're not maxing your turbo which they certainly arent from the factory it can compensate when a N/A engine can't.

CINCYTT

Why don't you read what you're own people have to say before you call me dilusional! You're the dilusional one, prove me wrong. Otherwise i'd expect an appology for calling me out when you don't know a damn thing about racing or building engines.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_663179/tm.htm

There are many other sites and links out there I can post for proof of this; if you're dilusional mind requires more links and proof please let me know.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:30 AM

didn't I say a lot of threads ago, I have nothing to prove? I certianly don't need to explain myself. You guys do an awsome job trying to figure it out and argueing with each other.It's funny listening to you guys trying to figure it out. By the way, "all" things done are not listed. "Checkmate"

Old 02-19-2008, 09:32 AM

I'm glad that you guys are learning about the difference in altittude. good lesson on what it does to cars N/A and boosted.

Quick Reply: How fast is your a4?