B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

How fast is your a4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: How fast is your a4?

ORIGINAL: pimphell

People like you make me sick
People with 200bhp A4's andclaim they beat sti's and other cars make me sick

Old 02-18-2008, 07:49 PM

lol i literally started crying that was so outrageously funny i almost pissed my pants in the process. and ya Veyrons are slow as hell, I blow by them all the time, all because I myself make supercharge noises and shift perfectly.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:12 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Leifer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVwq27De4NI

That's professional shifting right there. And listen to that engine, what a beastly sound.
total rip-off of the original

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...5c278af570.htm

Old 02-18-2008, 08:23 PM

not nearly as funny as the youtube vid. The best part is when he's screaming at the top of his lungs and his voice goes really high pitched at 16s.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Slut

wow... lets get some things straight here... my a4 is somewhat quick, despite my screenname. I can "HANG" with my friends stock sti in first gear and thats about it... now, my other friend has an 04 STI with just a download, he walks away from me like nobody's business... and i have a far better planned car than a k03 a4 with a boost controller. Stock STI's are capable of dumping the clutch at redline and having no problems lighting up all four wheels and taking off like hell. no k03 a4 is capable of such feats, especially with the stock clutch. now maybe you can beat a stock wrx, but thats even very debateable.

so we come to "tuning"... elaborate on the "tuning" you have done... you followed a DIY on a diode mod... double sweet buddy.

oh and fyi, higher altitiude equals thinner air... aka, MUCH harder to compress... n/a cars do much better with altitude... also in extreme temperatures, low or high.

i really dont even want to get into the whole "why make an audi faster"... youre right, its a bad idea... thats why theres a multi million dollar aftermarket industry for the 1.8t...

Old 02-18-2008, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Leifer

ORIGINAL: czwalga

He's like one of the few exceptions. Even then his car still isn't that fast. I could cut the same 60' times in my pos mustang with a few thousand into it, after 2nd gear(60mph) it was a dog though. I just don't know why you'd buy an a4 and worry about being fast.
Congratulations, your big-and-bag American-bred "stang" can launch off the line pretty well -- except where power to your wheels is your strong point, I bet you can't take a corner to save your life. Your suspension is ****, your brakes are ****, your interior is ****, your car looks like ****, and you're obviously a byproduct of caddle-prodding inbreeding if you think sub-3s 0-60mph times and ~10s @ 13x-mph quarter-mile times aren't "that fast".

A couple thousand into your car and you'd go just as fast? No.

First off why dont you read what my sig says. The mustang has been sold, the engine itselfgoing into my Rx7 is worth more than your car, I never called you out so don't give me any ****. 10's at 13x is fast but if that's the fastest a4 out there its very slow in comparison. My summer daily driver will be that running mid 10's and i'm building it for mid-ohio and the pocono's.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: czwalga

I'm not saying what you claim is BS or not, however 9,000 feet above sea level would give a signficant advantage over v8 N/A cars. The STI wouldnt really matter.
Turbo cars are far more effected by altitude than N/A cars. You just lost all believability from me.

Actually bud, go check your facts; you will find you are very wrong.

A little common knowledge about FI and compression will tell you all you need to know. There is less air for a N/A engine to run. Since there is less air obviously less power, however when you run say 10 psi; you're still compressing the air to the same exact PSI you would be at sealevel. While the altitude effects all cars, it has far less effect on FI cars.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

Stock STI's are capable of dumping the clutch at redline and having no problems lighting up all four wheels and taking off like hell. no k03 a4 is capable of such feats, especially with the stock clutch. now maybe you can beat a stock wrx, but thats even very debateable.
sure about that?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...2d01701c82.htm

but yes no k03'd a4 is gona take a sti. i barely hang with them

Old 02-18-2008, 10:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: chaos92287
total rip-off of the original
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...5c278af570.htm
...which is a total rip-off of THIS one. THE original. [sm=lildevil.gif]

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...0a003e5f46.htm

Old 02-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

Stock STI's are capable of dumping the clutch at redline and having no problems lighting up all four wheels and taking off like hell. no k03 a4 is capable of such feats, especially with the stock clutch. now maybe you can beat a stock wrx, but thats even very debateable.
sure about that?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...2d01701c82.htm

but yes no k03'd a4 is gona take a sti. i barely hang with them
that is a kid that has beat on his car/parents car too hard

and you are all wrong about the original vroom vroom mouth person........ the originator is mr bean

Quick Reply: How fast is your a4?