B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

How fast is your a4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: How fast is your a4?

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: Babz

I have a 1997 A4 1.8T Manual Quattro and pulled a 15.6 at 140 something k's on the quarter last year
I can buy the 15 sec pass, but please tell me your not saying you had 140mph trap speed.
he is saying 140 something kph which is about 86 ish mph. which is realistic for that quarter mile time

Old 02-18-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm make believe

Ok, didnt know he was going metric on us. Wonder if he ran a 1000m and not 1/4mile. hhhmmmm

Old 02-18-2008, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: AudiCross

Wow, so there are some stupid comments on this page, no offence.

First: STOCK subaru STI = 13.5-13.8 on the quarter. dont believe me?

Our cars are not made to be fast and shouldnt be made fast? How bout throwing a GT28rs on there and be high 12's.

There you go. It must be true. Mustangs do about those times too. I stay right next to them and pull a little. Either they all suck at racing or the car might be that fast. By the way Iv'e been tunning cars my whole life. I love audi's. Also whats funny is I'm not at sea level. I'm about 9,000 ft above. Sometimes it's funny what is said around here.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:03 PM

I will get your vids

Old 02-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Zombie Defense Force

have you seen the speed of light. just a bit slower than that

Old 02-18-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: pimphell

There you go. It must be true. Mustangs do about those times too. I stay right next to them and pull a little. Either they all suck at racing or the car might be that fast. By the way Iv'e been tunning cars my whole life. I love audi's. Also whats funny is I'm not at sea level. I'm about 9,000 ft above. Sometimes it's funny what is said around here.
Different mustangs run differnt times. There are V6 which are slow as hell and even the V8's from 2 gens ago are also slow as hell. If your running 15's, the V6's are the only thing you may have a chance against and the STI comments are totall BS. The funny thing is you are making outragous claims and when someone calls you out on it, you say they dont know anything.

BTW, turning up the boost isnt tuning. Grow up and cut the BS

Old 02-18-2008, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Different mustangs run differnt times. There are V6 which are slow as hell and even the V8's from 2 gens ago are also slow as hell. If your running 15's, the V6's are the only thing you may have a chance against and the STI comments are totall BS. The funny thing is you are making outragous claims and when someone calls you out on it, you say they dont know anything.

BTW, turning up the boost isnt tuning. Grow up and cut the BS
cincytt, you are the man.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: AudiCross

Wow, so there are some stupid comments on this page, no offence.

First: STOCK subaru STI = 13.5-13.8 on the quarter. dont believe me?

Our cars are not made to be fast and shouldnt be made fast? How bout throwing a GT28rs on there and be high 12's.

I'm not saying what you claim is BS or not, however 9,000 feet above sea level would give a signficant advantage over v8 N/A cars. The STI wouldnt really matter.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: czwalga

He's like one of the few exceptions. Even then his car still isn't that fast. I could cut the same 60' times in my pos mustang with a few thousand into it, after 2nd gear(60mph) it was a dog though. I just don't know why you'd buy an a4 and worry about being fast.
Congratulations, your big-and-bag American-bred "stang" can launch off the line pretty well -- except where power to your wheels is your strong point, I bet you can't take a corner to save your life. Your suspension is ****, your brakes are ****, your interior is ****, your car looks like ****, and you're obviously a byproduct of caddle-prodding inbreeding if you think sub-3s 0-60mph times and ~10s @ 13x-mph quarter-mile times aren't "that fast".

A couple thousand into your car and you'd go just as fast? No.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: czwalga

I'm not saying what you claim is BS or not, however 9,000 feet above sea level would give a signficant advantage over v8 N/A cars. The STI wouldnt really matter.
Turbo cars are far more effected by altitude than N/A cars. You just lost all believability from me.

Quick Reply: How fast is your a4?