B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

How fast is your a4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 05:14 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: How fast is your a4?

ORIGINAL: czwalga

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

here's what a 1.8t is capable of- http://youtube.com/watch?v=7UNZOGGLT...arch=waterfest

what's the fastest rx7- 8.8 iirc? and how much longer have they been around?

Umm, about 1.5 seconds faster atleast. Who cares how long they've been around there's only about 5k FD's left. Plus i'm not even using the rotary engine, i'm building the car I want I'm just using the chassis of the rx7.
im talking with stock rotary. and audi's can do engine swaps too. and i mentioned how long they've been around cause we haven't even seen the limits of the 1.8t yet, its only gona get better. cant see rx7's being improved that much anymore. im just defending audi's since you think they shouldn't be modded, which is an ignorant statement.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:41 PM

here's what a 1.8t is capable of- http://youtube.com/watch?v=7UNZOGGLT...arch=waterfest

what's the fastest rx7- 8.8 iirc? and how much longer have they been around?

Umm, about 1.5 seconds faster atleast. Who cares how long they've been around there's only about 5k FD's left. Plus i'm not even using the rotary engine, i'm building the car I want I'm just using the chassis of the rx7.
im talking with stock rotary. and audi's can do engine swaps too. and i mentioned how long they've been around cause we haven't even seen the limits of the 1.8t yet, its only gona get better. cant see rx7's being improved that much anymore. im just defending audi's since you think they shouldn't be modded, which is an ignorant statement.

I dont know I dont really care about the stock rotary's. I had 320 miles on the rotary and that was just the drive home then it was pulled and sold. I bought the rx7 for the chassis only with a goal in mind.

Look i'm not saying they shouldnt be modded or whatever, obviously there is a big aftermarket for them. I just personally think it stupid to mod them and worry about competing with STI's,mustangs, whatever it doesnt matter. My personal opinion was I want a daily driver with awd and must be a manual that was semi-luxury. I bought a v6 a4; after driving the 1.8t. I had no plans to mod it so I bought the v6 because they are more reliable. Now my other view was I want a purpose built track/street car for the summers. An Audi never crossed my mind nor should it in my opinion.

I guess I just view it as I have 2 cars, well 3 if you count the beater truck; but one car is for speed the other is for driving in all types of weather etc. Driving both, one should not be driven in the snow and one should definatly not be fast. That's just how I view it.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:43 PM

Leifer you're a true genius! You know since this conversation pertains to as4 in anyway and not a 1.8t. How fast is your "stage 2" since you previously called me out and never responded.
Wow. You chastise me for digression into irrelevant topics, then proceed to include my car as a means of egotistical satisfaction, as if having a stage 2 A4 is embarrassing? Okay, since you're under the impression that my own A4 pertains to the conversation of what A4s are CAPABLE of: It's not that quick! Like my signature says, it's a stage 2.

Now that we've cleared that, dipshit, look at what you wrote earlier:

ORIGINAL: same ******* idiot who keeps on opening his mouth

I'd rather build a car that is made for speed and being fast, as opposed to getting a semi-luxury sedanand pretending it's a race car, so I should mod it like one.
Your inherent "know-it-all" disposition (and falsified social standards of what a "race car" can be) pertain to a plethora of cars that fall under that category; is the S4 not a semi-luxury sedan? Way to flip **** when I say that an S4 is a semi-luxury sedan, but modded, it'll tear 99% of mustangs a new *******, when your statement lacks differentiation between any and all such cars.

Of course I'm not going to post a ******* video of Mike Hood doing a ~10s quartermile, because you'll yawn and say "oh well it's not that fast blah blah blah I love ****". Next time you open your mouth, think about what you're going to say.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Leifer

Leifer you're a true genius! You know since this conversation pertains to as4 in anyway and not a 1.8t. How fast is your "stage 2" since you previously called me out and never responded.
Wow. You chastise me for digression into irrelevant topics, then proceed to include my car as a means of egotistical satisfaction, as if having a stage 2 A4 is embarrassing? Okay, since you're under the impression that my own A4 pertains to the conversation of what A4s are CAPABLE of: It's not that quick! Like my signature says, it's a stage 2.

Now that we've cleared that, dipshit, look at what you wrote earlier:

ORIGINAL: same ******* idiot who keeps on opening his mouth

I'd rather build a car that is made for speed and being fast, as opposed to getting a semi-luxury sedanand pretending it's a race car, so I should mod it like one.
Your inherent "know-it-all" disposition (and falsified social standards of what a "race car" can be) pertain to a plethora of cars that fall under that category; is the S4 not a semi-luxury sedan? Way to flip **** when I say that an S4 is a semi-luxury sedan, but modded, it'll tear 99% of mustangs a new *******, when your statement lacks differentiation between any and all such cars.

Of course I'm not going to post a ******* video of Mike Hood doing a ~10s quartermile, because you'll yawn and say "oh well it's not that fast blah blah blah I love ****". Next time you open your mouth, think about what you're going to say.

What does your fast and the furious 'stage 2' translate into actual 1320' times. That's what I thought.

You can post your 10.6 mike hood video all you want and I can post street driven 7 second cars. Big deal. No one really cares except what you have. I love the your quick witted insults, you must have previously owned a civic with a giant wing on it.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:02 PM

I'm done with this thread leifer can continue with his 12 year old insults talking about stuff than he's ever done and people telling me about racing when I bet i've taken more passes in the 1/4 mile than everyone combined in this thread.

To mostly everyone else, all I posted was my opinion. If you don't like it fine, everyone else decided to make this not civil.

I have to say when CincyTT has 10k posts and everyone believes me him it really brings down the IQ of the board calling me out and him never returning to this thread because he was obviously wrong.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:15 PM

What does your fast and the furious 'stage 2' translate into actual 1320' times. That's what I thought.

You can post your 10.6 mike hood video all you want and I can post street driven 7 second cars. Big deal. No one really cares except what you have. I love the your quick witted insults, you must have previously owned a civic with a giant wing on it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I must have hit a nerve. You just made a complete fool of yourself.

My "fast and furious stage 2" probably translates into a slow "1320" time (sexy lingo by the way, is it a term exclusive for badass q/m dragsters?) like I've already mentioned. What's your point; my A4 is the representation of all modded A4s in the world, and therefore since mine is slow, every other A4 must be crap too?

Those are nice double-standards; I can't post a video of a fast "semi-luxury sedan" as a viable rebuttal to your clearly incoherent argument without you crying like a little bitch about it not "pertaining to the conversation", but here you are, assuming things about my car and about who I am and what I've driven in my life, and somehow it relates to the initial debate?

Just so you know, I'm 18 years old. This is the first car I've ever had -- so your comment about my civic with the wing is rendered void.

Other than that, you had a spectacular argument. Totally on par with everything we've been talking about. Congratulations on keeping a mature countenance throughout the debate, and keeping personal attacks as a pathway for releasing your frustrations out of the way of clear-minded counterarguments to support your thesis. Also, I commend you on feeling the necessity to throw in the last word and walk out -- you really are the bigger man here.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:22 PM
2nd Gear

Wow this is getting rediculous. people, WE ARE ALL HERE BECAUSE WE LIKE CARS!!!! saying "this engine shouldnt be modded" " or that car isnt worth the money" are things that shouldnt be said here! We are audi people. hence AUDIFORUMS.COM. we will defed our cars until you bend us over a table and castrate us with splintery wooden spoons. this bickering is getting just beyond rediculous. Before you come here making statements, know WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND DONT BASH CARS/PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DING DONG THE SIZE OF A BABY CHIMPS!!!!

jesus what happend to the AUDIFORUMS.com that i joined full of nice people that were here to help, not here to make retarded claims and then get in huge arguments about retarded cr@p.

for gods sake, someone be the bigger man here.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:25 PM

I'm done with this thread leifer can continue with his 12 year old insults talking about stuff than he's ever done and people telling me about racing when I bet i've taken more passes in the 1/4 mile than everyone combined in this thread.
Actually, they're 18 year old insults. When did I start talking about things I've done? Congratulations on running more quarter-mile times than everybody else combined, that must increase the size of your dick tremendously. Quit flaunting that ****, boy, we don't care -- you're wrong regardless of how many "1320s" you've ran.

CincyTT has 10k posts and everyone believes me him it really brings down the IQ of the board
We'd take you a little more seriously if you weren't such a retard. If there's anybody bringing down the overall IQ of the board, it's probably that punk bitch who can't string a sentence together without stumbling over his words.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:26 PM

MODS PLEASE BAN THIS KID HE IS NEW THE SITE AND ALREADY CAUSING PROBLEMS. Thank You! Everyone is arguing with him, it'd just be better without him.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:28 PM

It's the sociological theory of morality and equality, Cross; those who do well deserve to be treated well, thusly a loving community is formed where positive contributions are encouraged and rewarded, while those who do poorly deserve to be treated poorly. Not any differently, not with hate or anger; but they need to know they're not doing well.

I'm just putting him in his place, that way I can encourage him to think before he talks. If there's no consequence for his flamboyant stupidity, threads like this will become more and more frequent. This type of behavior needs to be laid flat from the beginning. I'm doing it because I love AF!

Quick Reply: How fast is your a4?