B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

How fast is your a4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Default RE: How fast is your a4?

ORIGINAL: 96A4Owner

ORIGINAL: czwalga

ORIGINAL: tdn

ORIGINAL: czwalga

I dont know why anyone would buy an A4 and worry about how fast it is.
Think a little harder. Considering theres a very big aftermarket industry for the 1.8t engine, it's obvious you're missing something that so many more people understand. Personally, I love Audis (especially b5's) and I love power. Is that too much for you to figure out? I could list some other reasons why people want their a4's fast, but it may be a little more complicated than what I put my reason as.

I could ask why people make pick up trucks fast, but I'm not a moron. I know people like certain cars and they like them fast. So someone might be willing to buy a truck (for example) they really like, which might be slow, so they make it quicker.. thus ultimately getting the car they want.

By the way, interesting choice of words you decided to use. "worry" about how fast it is. For as long as I've been on this forum, I never read anyone state they're worried about how fast their car is. If you phrased your statement to something like "I don't know why anyone would buy an A4 and make it fast".. maybe the answer would be much more obvious to you.

I have time so I'll continue on.

Your whole statement is weak, based upon everyone is differant and that no matter what, you most likely won't admit you understand why. Someone else can come onto this car or any car forum and say "I don't know why anyone would want a fast car, at all." That's a fair statement, but still weak because everyone has differant wants, and it would be foolish to think one would understand them all.

It would be wiser for you to simply say (actually you shouldn't have said anything to begin with), *you* have an A4 and *you* have no need to make it fast. While I, tdn, have an a4 and I do have a need to make it fast.

[sm=icon_blah.gif]

I'll shut up now.

You guys made too big of a deal of what I said. I personally don't see the point, they are slow even chipped. I mean everyone is getting on me about well you can do this and that and be running 12's. How many people are actually running 12's... maybe a handful. I bet the majority are just internet racers.

Whatever, it's your car I just don't see the point. I'd rather build a car that is made for speed and being fast, as opposed to getting a semi-luxury sedanand pretending it's a race car, so I should mod it like one.
In this sentence you're stating that semi-luxury cars can not be made to be race cars. You didnt specify a 1.8T for that matter, and the S4 VTG in that vid would completely **** on a mustang anyday of the week as well as your rx7. I personally would consider that Audi S4 a race car, actually it's more of a bat out of hell!

Why are people so quick to pick on my cars? My rx7 is being setup for road tracks. It's not running yetbut the engine is built minus a few things left and will have around 470 rwhp in a 2800 lb car. If I wanted to build a car to smoke that S4 in a drag race I easily could have with the money I have into the rx7.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
2nd Gear

holy crap these quotes are getting recoculous! its like reading a novel every time

Old 02-19-2008, 03:59 PM

lol he says that he could easily build a car to smoke that s4 hahahahaha. nice try pal.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: pimphell

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

ORIGINAL: pimphell

By the way, "all" things done are not listed. "Checkmate"
then why list anything?

and expespecially(sp) cheap/ghetto mods?

makes you look like a douche
because things are better off left unsaid. Also its funny to portray somthing that is not entirely there. My car looks pretty stock, untill I race you, then you learn the hard way. I am going to make the car faster, both of them. That is the goal. I will post time slips from the track so that you all see the difference between cars up here and what they run.
[sm=bs.gif]
sorry but anybody that cuts off there resonator and thinks it's there cat
https://www.audiforums.com/m_775523/tm.htm
I have to call bs on. so you have been tuning cars your whole life, huh

Old 02-19-2008, 04:34 PM

lol caught red handed. Nice find. Pimphell, you're saying that you're going to beat everyones car even tho yours looks stock, it not only looks stock, it drives stock as well. You have no idea on what you're doing and have no place on this entire thread to be talking **** and giving your .02

Old 02-19-2008, 04:38 PM
5th Gear

listen czwalga, you come onto an audi forum and say the car shouldn't be modded. Well there are a few thousand people on here who would disagree with you. we all have our reasons for choosing an audi and if we want to mod it, we will. and you say a handful of 12 second a4's? there's waay more than that and if you want to talk overseas the number is even higher. and considering that BT's were just starting to be put in our cars a couple years ago, thats pretty impressive. in a few years there will be LOTS of modified audi's. the 2.0 fsi's have so much potential. the 1.8T is a really good engine. it can get a 3500lb sedan into the 12's on stock internals, and can handle ridiculous boost. thats why there's a multi-million dollar aftermarket for it (which is only a few years old). and i wont even begin to start talking about 2.7's, the 4.2 v8, and vr6 swaps.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:46 PM
5th Gear

here's what a 1.8t is capable of- http://youtube.com/watch?v=7UNZOGGLT...arch=waterfest

what's the fastest rx7- 8.8 iirc? and how much longer have they been around?

Old 02-19-2008, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: 96A4Owner

lol he says that he could easily build a car to smoke that s4 hahahahaha. nice try pal.

You have no idea what i've done, what cars i've built and what has/being done to my rx7, you realize I have close to30k in parts and i'mnot done; about 65% there. I couldnt build an audi to go that fast nor would I want to, but for the money i have into it, but I can be damn sure I could have built my mustang to easily compete with that car in the 1320'.

Also I didnt say it would be easy,I said with the money I have into the rx7 it would be easily financially. ****, for 10k I can get a complete longblock setup for boost capable of 1500rwhp.(That 10k block has been in the 7's a few times, and 8's countless times)Yes lots of other things need to accompany that, but it wouldnt be that difficult, i've seen many guys do it. I chose to go the road racing route instead of drag.

Honestly I dont know why i'm justifying myself to someone who absolutely has no racing or car building experience what so ever.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

here's what a 1.8t is capable of- http://youtube.com/watch?v=7UNZOGGLT...arch=waterfest

what's the fastest rx7- 8.8 iirc? and how much longer have they been around?

Umm, about 1.5 seconds faster atleast. Who cares how long they've been around there's only about 5k FD's left. Plus i'm not even using the rotary engine, i'm building the car I want I'm just using the chassis of the rx7.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

pimphell, you sir are an asshat

Quick Reply: How fast is your a4?