B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

How fast is your a4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Default RE: How fast is your a4?

Hey did anybody watch the most recent episode of Lost? I missed the second half, what happened?

Old 02-19-2008, 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

ORIGINAL: czwalga

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

hahaha.... cincy apparently you dont know ****... hahahaha

if the turbo is designed for such situations, then, yes, it is beneficial at high altitude. however, for a turbo car that was tuned for sea level, the effect of climbing altitude is more harsh... you can compensate by turning up the boost to try and achieve the same cfm, but there are many variables.

if you take my a4 for instance, and a gt mustang to the mountains in colorado, without doing a damn thing to either car... the mustang will see a lesser decrease in power than my a4

I'm glada few peopleon here atleast knows something.

I've basically been called out for every single thing i've said in this thread when all I stated was that I dont know why anyone would buy an A4 and worry about how fast it is. I think this section is mostly full of old civic owners.
making generalizations like that just shows your ignorance. i already answered that question. i like sitting in a luxury vehicle that is also capable of 12's. my 5.0 mustang was capable of 12's too, and i had BIG plans for that car, but after driving it for a couple years, the lack of a nice interior and drive quality, made me sell it. i would rather drive my a4 than that mustang ANY day of the week. if they're both just as fast, why drive the mustang? sure it takes a few extra dollars to get there than with a POS $2k mustang, but its worth it.

as for the other arguement, turbo'd engines lose more power than NA cars at high altitude. they are making more power, yeah, but thats what they are designed to do. if you took two 300hp (at sea level) engine, 1 is a FI 1.8, the other a NA 5.0. take them both up to colorado, the NA engine will lose less power.

Read tommyboys post.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: tdn

I dont know why anyone would buy an A4 and worry about how fast it is.
Think a little harder. Considering theres a very big aftermarket industry for the 1.8t engine, it's obvious you're missing something that so many more people understand. Personally, I love Audis (especially b5's) and I love power. Is that too much for you to figure out? I could list some other reasons why people want their a4's fast, but it may be a little more complicated than what I put my reason as.

I could ask why people make pick up trucks fast, but I'm not a moron. I know people like certain cars and they like them fast. So someone might be willing to buy a truck (for example) they really like, which might be slow, so they make it quicker.. thus ultimately getting the car they want.

By the way, interesting choice of words you decided to use. "worry" about how fast it is. For as long as I've been on this forum, I never read anyone state they're worried about how fast their car is. If you phrased your statement to something like "I don't know why anyone would buy an A4 and make it fast".. maybe the answer would be much more obvious to you.

I have time so I'll continue on.

Your whole statement is weak, based upon everyone is differant and that no matter what, you most likely won't admit you understand why. Someone else can come onto this car or any car forum and say "I don't know why anyone would want a fast car, at all." That's a fair statement, but still weak because everyone has differant wants, and it would be foolish to think one would understand them all.

It would be wiser for you to simply say (actually you shouldn't have said anything to begin with), *you* have an A4 and *you* have no need to make it fast. While I, tdn, have an a4 and I do have a need to make it fast.

[sm=icon_blah.gif]

I'll shut up now.

You guys made too big of a deal of what I said. I personally don't see the point, they are slow even chipped. I mean everyone is getting on me about well you can do this and that and be running 12's. How many people are actually running 12's... maybe a handful. I bet the majority are just internet racers.

Whatever, it's your car I just don't see the point. I'd rather build a car that is made for speed and being fast, as opposed to getting a semi-luxury sedanand pretending it's a race car, so I should mod it like one.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:10 PM
2nd Gear

What is your def of a race car?

Old 02-19-2008, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: feerocknok

What is your def of a race car?

Bad choice of words, for the context I used. I dunno I just feel an a4 is a poor choice to want to make fast, mainly because it takes a lot to get there, then once you're there they are unreliable. I know someone is going to tell me how easy it as that they are extremely reliable once xxxx is done, but you're kidding yourself. I'd still like to know how many 12sec 1.8t cars are on this forum since it's so easy.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:30 PM

I personally don't see the point, they are slow even chipped
As if chipping is the very last thing you do to your car to add that final "oomph" You make it sound like chipping is the "ultimate" in modification, but it still doesn't do anything.

Yes they're slow stock. Yes they're slow chipped. No they're not slow with a GT35R turbo.

Whatever, it's your car I just don't see the point. I'd rather build a car that is made for speed and being fast, as opposed to getting a semi-luxury sedanand pretending it's a race car, so I should mod it like one.

What, now there's a social standard of what cars can be modded to race and which can't? You're an idiot for thinking you can't build a car for speed and being fast, if it isn't already "meant to be" while it's stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xL0yFacPJk <-- S4 with 907hp and 1062ft/lbs tq at the wheels.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MERn7...eature=related <-- same thing

Good luck beating this semi-luxury Avant in the quartermile.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:39 PM

Leifer you're a true genius! You know since this conversation pertains to as4 in anyway and not a 1.8t. How fast is your "stage 2" since you previously called me out and never responded.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:42 PM
2nd Gear

LOUD NOISES!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: tdn

I dont know why anyone would buy an A4 and worry about how fast it is.
Think a little harder. Considering theres a very big aftermarket industry for the 1.8t engine, it's obvious you're missing something that so many more people understand. Personally, I love Audis (especially b5's) and I love power. Is that too much for you to figure out? I could list some other reasons why people want their a4's fast, but it may be a little more complicated than what I put my reason as.

I could ask why people make pick up trucks fast, but I'm not a moron. I know people like certain cars and they like them fast. So someone might be willing to buy a truck (for example) they really like, which might be slow, so they make it quicker.. thus ultimately getting the car they want.

By the way, interesting choice of words you decided to use. "worry" about how fast it is. For as long as I've been on this forum, I never read anyone state they're worried about how fast their car is. If you phrased your statement to something like "I don't know why anyone would buy an A4 and make it fast".. maybe the answer would be much more obvious to you.

I have time so I'll continue on.

Your whole statement is weak, based upon everyone is differant and that no matter what, you most likely won't admit you understand why. Someone else can come onto this car or any car forum and say "I don't know why anyone would want a fast car, at all." That's a fair statement, but still weak because everyone has differant wants, and it would be foolish to think one would understand them all.

It would be wiser for you to simply say (actually you shouldn't have said anything to begin with), *you* have an A4 and *you* have no need to make it fast. While I, tdn, have an a4 and I do have a need to make it fast.

[sm=icon_blah.gif]

I'll shut up now.

You guys made too big of a deal of what I said. I personally don't see the point, they are slow even chipped. I mean everyone is getting on me about well you can do this and that and be running 12's. How many people are actually running 12's... maybe a handful. I bet the majority are just internet racers.

In this sentence you're stating that semi-luxury cars can not be made to be race cars. You didnt specify a 1.8T for that matter, and the S4 VTG in that vid would completely **** on a mustang anyday of the week as well as your rx7. I personally would consider that Audi S4 a race car, actually it's more of a bat out of hell!

Old 02-19-2008, 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

ORIGINAL: pimphell

By the way, "all" things done are not listed. "Checkmate"
then why list anything?

and expespecially(sp) cheap/ghetto mods?

makes you look like a douche
because things are better off left unsaid. Also its funny to portray somthing that is not entirely there. My car looks pretty stock, untill I race you, then you learn the hard way. I am going to make the car faster, both of them. That is the goal. I will post time slips from the track so that you all see the difference between cars up here and what they run.

Quick Reply: How fast is your a4?