B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

How do you know if the engine mounts are bad? Yes, I searched.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:32 AM
1st Gear

I also ordered my wife a new "undercarriage belly pan". Since she likes to drive the car low (very annoying to me), the original belly pan was pretty ripped. Anyway, I took it off and guess what I saw? Not visible from any other angle except when the belly pan was off, I saw "reddish" (not really pink) leakage from the engine mount on the driver's side! So I'm glad I purchased the engine mounts. I also bit the bullet with the APR snub mount. I will report my findings when they are all installed...

Old 01-25-2009, 08:27 AM
3rd Gear

when mine were bad they clunked.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:26 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by M3Armand
Not visible from any other angle except when the belly pan was off, I saw "reddish" (not really pink) leakage from the engine mount on the driver's side! So I'm glad I purchased the engine mounts. I also bit the bullet with the APR snub mount. I will report my findings when they are all installed...
So guess what? That "reddish" leakage was NOT from the engine mounts. It was previous leakage from the power steering. Now that both left and right side engine mounts are installed... guess what? I can't feel the damn difference. The original engine mounts at 202k miles still look good and I assume ARE still good. I have them and can take pics for those interested. Again, no signs of leakage anywhere... So did I waste my money? Not really, since I basically bought "peace of mind". Plus, installation only cost me $210 + the cost of the parts from ECS Tuning...

I still have to install the APR snub mount. I'll report on that once I put it in.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:22 AM
Site Moderator

Get the snub mount (I have the greedspeed.com one, but APR is fine - not everyone has vibrations), as well as new engine mounts - after that many miles you should replace all of em. And its purple liquid from the engine mounts, not pink.