B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

honda vs AUDi?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
Alright, I agree on a few points of yours, but your statement "honda started it all" just pissed me off a lil. Because in reality, the only thing they started was a low-end tuner market lol. The vast majority of the aftermarket Hondas you come across are slow and suck. They are not "easy" to make really fast and they are primarily FWD, which is arguable, but IMO worthless on most accounts. They have a bad name because of the bad apples, yes, but they did not "start" anything great, nor should they be recognized for such.

Most people that mod Civics, do so because of the cheap cost of buying the car and the vast/cheap aftermarket parts available. Not to mention the low weight of them. I have known many people that had nice clean quick Hondas and I dont bash them at all. But I dont jizz my pants cuz my friend has a clean bubble that runs high 12's lol.

I never brought cost into it, I was solely talking about Import Tuner cars, which doesnt and shouldnt have a value on. The new Skylines are part of the import tuner scene as well as Scions, 2 drastically different cars with hugely different prices and intents, but still part of the "import scene".

Got_A4 said he spent 4500 bucks on buying and modding his Honda with a lil Garrett turbo. That's cool, I like the fact you boosted it, and that it didnt cost you an arm and a leg. My A4 is the fastest street A4 on this forum and it cost me tons of money. My 87 Fox-body dragster cost me around 4200 bucks and is faster than my Audi or Got_A4's Honda... by a LONG SHOT... Everything's got its place
agreed. i didnt mean that they started the whole scene, i apoligise for it coming off that way. but the biggest boom was the low budget import car, which most can agree was the honda civic. I also had a turbo single cam, and a turbo integra. both were little cost.

Whats your a4 run?

Old 02-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by Sohcvtec1995
agreed. i didnt mean that they started the whole scene, i apoligise for it coming off that way. but the biggest boom was the low budget import car, which most can agree was the honda civic. I also had a turbo single cam, and a turbo integra. both were little cost.
See, I like that. There are plenty of cars that I despise, but I like tastefully modded Civics/Integras/RSX's/Preludes etc.

Whats your a4 run?
We will find out this spring/summer after I put it back together again. Should be making a little over 500awhp. There are only a few street A4's on THIS forum that make power like that, which sucks.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:53 PM
1st Gear

im confused Acura is Honda but I will leave them out of this,
Styling = Audi
Interior = Audi
maintenance = Honda
Aftermarket parts = Both
Recalls satisfaction = Honda

what would be the = of the Honda Civic to the Audi? A4 model?

Old 02-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Guru

yes because the average joe can afford a supra. 280z turbos were limited production due to there cost, and rusting issues.Trust me i know about these cars. For 1 im spanish so Mazda is one of those things that i have to know, lol, Supra, i live and work in orlando where titan motorsports is, and know many of the employees on a personal basis,so i have good knowledge of the supra, and as for the z, well im not a nissan fan. Im not talking about people modding cars, i know that they have been doing it since the invention of the wheel, im saying the Import crowd that most of us are in. as for muscle cars, i have a good knowledge of those aswell, (Dad has a 72 charger, and is building a 70 Chevelle)

are we talking about mustangs or audi and honda, maybe you shold read befor posting since we are on the giving advise on the Internet trend. we are talking about 2 makers, not all of them, not the model T and how some guy broke the exhaust off and said " by golly i go 7mph now"
we are talking about how you made a stupid statement at the beginning and i understand you have apologized and fixed that statement, but you came off like a tool

i think this thread can be added to the list of never should of been made threads on this forum..... is this an audi forum or a honda forum?

and if you want to know what other car(s) people drive search cause there is probably a thread about it.....

people need to search before starting threads, and mods need to start locking/deleting all these worthless threads, cause all they are is argument threads

/thread

Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by foxracing4500
im confused Acura is Honda but I will leave them out of this,
Styling = Audi
Interior = Audi
maintenance = Honda
Aftermarket parts = Both
Recalls satisfaction = Honda

what would be the = of the Honda Civic to the Audi? A4 model?
actually it would be Acura and Audi, Honda And VW. the equivalent to a a4 would be the Integra Sedan.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
we are talking about how you made a stupid statement at the beginning and i understand you have apologized and fixed that statement, but you came off like a tool

i think this thread can be added to the list of never should of been made threads on this forum..... is this an audi forum or a honda forum?

and if you want to know what other car(s) people drive search cause there is probably a thread about it.....

people need to search before starting threads, and mods need to start locking/deleting all these worthless threads, cause all they are is argument threads

/thread
threads are only what members make them out to be.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Guru
Thumbs down

threads are only what members make them out to be.
no threads take up space and make it harder to search the forums.... cause if you put a word like gtrs in this thread... and i search for gtrs later it will pull this ghey thread

so that is why i say this type of thread need to not be here.... not because i don't like good comparo threads but this could be in off topic or something else versus in the b5 section

Old 02-16-2011, 08:44 PM
4th Gear

I just saw 2 integras and a prelude all drive thru the parking lot with roof racks on their car.... and now I don't know if I even want a roof rack now...

Old 02-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Slut

Gtrs gt35r gt3076r elim clutch bov dv turbo bat n75 magnaflow 710n sai

Old 02-16-2011, 09:16 PM
4th Gear

So, I was doing a search for an idea I was thinking about for a GTRS upgrade, and I came across this useless thread.... hahaha... Faster, you're a dick

welcome to appleforums.com. which do you prefer, apples or oranges?

A. I like oranges better...

B. You're dumb... this is appleforums.com

A. I know, but oranges came first

C. You're dumb, this is appleforums.com

A. I know, but oranges are cheaper

C. go to orangeforums.com

A. But my oranges have a turbo!

B. That's cool, but still appleforums.com...

Mod. locked... thank you.

Quick Reply: honda vs AUDi?