B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

honda vs AUDi?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:35 PM
2nd Gear

My father ran his accord over 200,000 miles before giving it to my cousin

In the end, I don't think you can say one is "better" than the other. Everyone has their own specific needs and preferences.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

I had two 95 honda civics and ran great but always needed work. Got my Audi and its the best car ive ever owned...

Old 02-15-2011, 11:44 PM
1st Gear

one word LOWJACK
Originally Posted by Sohcvtec1995
been a honda guy for the past 10 years, owned many hondas, and would still own one. You can not beat the dependability, and the aftermarket support. I got out cause i got a bike, then another bike, then a truck, then benz, then a subaru and now the a4 and subaru.

I only really made those changes cause of theft. that is all. you can not own a nice honda without it getting stolen. i would sleep with my ecu next to me, alarm on the car, fuel kill switch, pedal lock, map sensor unplugged and car blocked in. still couldnt sleep at night. and that was when it was just starting to get bad in theft.

People say hondas are ricers, they are dead wrong the owner of the car is the ricer, the car is just a victim. People put altezzas on there audi's BMW's etc etc... the people that dont know what a ricer is are the real ricers.

Best part about honda is that they are easy to work on and a great starting point to learn things about cars. No special tools or equipment needed to work on them.

So for all the honda haters out there, just remember honda is what started it all..

Old 02-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by meloman
Sure honda's are lighter and have the ability to go faster but b5's...
Thats simply not true. Well, the lighter part may be, but the faster isnt lol.
Originally Posted by Sohcvtec1995
So for all the honda haters out there, just remember honda is what started it all..
Also far from the truth. I believe their are a few old guys who might remember.
Originally Posted by aledelic42
I wish I had a honda
Me too lol.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:23 AM
4th Gear

I love Honda, off all the Japanese cars hondas are my top pick, they're cheap for the most part, dependable, peppy, and overall have a comfortable quality feel to then compared to toyotas or nissans I've been in, the only reason I got out of Honda was because of ricers and me being called a ricer (ok I kinda was I had projector headlights, rims and a custom blue paint job) the car for the most part was clean but cops in my area kept harassing me so I moved to Audi because I wanted awd and something sportier. I'd still rock and accord though, those cars are great. You can't judge a car, any car, solely based on its reputation, like even with Toyota and their brake problems, toyota still makes good dependable cars but I wouldn't buy one because for what you pay the interiors still feel like garbage,

Old 02-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Actual WIZARD

I still have my 88 2 door accord LXi at my grandmoms. Trusty little 5 speed, she drives it maybe once a week. 250K+ miles and its still trucking along

Old 02-16-2011, 12:39 AM
2nd Gear

Never had a Honda, but I'd take an Audi over them any day because of quattro power. Need that **** in the winters.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:37 AM
1st Gear

Sohcvtec1995.... you were like me than... lol "why you walking around with a steerin wheel"

Old 02-16-2011, 04:02 AM
1st Gear

I have not owned, nor would I ever own a Japanese car. I've never seen or felt a Japanese interior from any company that hasn't felt cheap and plasticy, and I've never driven one that I'd consider even remotely comfortable. The only good looking Japanese car, in my opinion, is the Lexus LFA. I guess it's all a matter of personal preference. Sure, a Honda may last you a bajillion miles, but for me it wouldn't be worth it - my car isn't just a lifeless capsule that happens to transport me from point A to point B. Besides, the first vehicle I ever owned was a beat up '83 F-150 with almost 500k. Japanese cars serve their purpose, surely - and the vast majority of people love them. But me, personally, I won't ever understand their appeal. I'd rather ride a tricycle after amputating my own legs.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:34 AM
1st Gear

I don't know what to say but even japanese cars have something ,i still have my 96 celica gt-four and let me tell you that this little thing can give moust of this new cars a run for there money anyday of the week

Quick Reply: honda vs AUDi?