B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

HID help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 06:50 PM
4th Gear
Talking

Originally Posted by dragonrage
err, 8000K (it's NOT 6K or 8K) is not "crystal white." It's clearly blue. Some people do call it crystal blue, though.
errr u know what i meant smart one..... and im pretty sure it "clearly being blue" is a load of horse **** because they are still legal... if they were "clearly blue" then 8k wouldnt be legal... but they are...

why is it that you have to act like u know everything and argue with everyone about stupid lil typos and ****?

Last edited by Mr. Phil; 02-19-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:01 PM
3rd Gear

Hey asstard (Phil) 8000k is really ******* blue. I have 6k on my truck and I still think they're too blue.

5000k is optimum IMO. 4300k is stock looking IF you have projectors.

I buy from DDM. VVME is subpar...

Old 02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
4th Gear

ok dick face... nobody gives a **** whats on your shitty *** truck... he asked for opinions on lights and what to get

each company makes them a lil differently, ive seen 6000k that like hella blue and then ive seen them that look super white... so before you open your mouth again trying to talk like a bad ***... ask yourself this....... do frogs fly at night when the stars shine down and the rainbow is in full bloom?

Old 02-18-2010, 07:36 PM
3rd Gear

I commented on what I have on my truck because I've sold and installed well over 20 kits. On pick ups, Honda SUV's, Toyota's, BMW's, 6 Audi's. WTF have you done on this matter? You paid $150 at an audio shop. Good going tool. That's some great advice when Kits are $60.

Phil I've only been here 2 days and I can tell you're a dbag. You're just a noob that needs to STFU and know what he's talking about first. When I see something positive come out of your posts I'll lay off on you. Funny thing is, I'm sure majority see the BS in your posts too, so I know I'm not the problem.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM
3rd Gear

OMG did you just say shitty *** truck? ROFL The sticker price is far more than your A4 was NEW a decade ago. And it's not FWD...

I rest my case:

Old 02-18-2010, 07:49 PM
4th Gear

ooh wow sticker price... who gives a ****... and yes if u want some cheap *** **** for 60 bux go for it....... am i saying my kit is superior? hell no... but im just saying u get what u pay for.. if u want something really good, my buddy sells kits all the time, he has some direct from germany kits for like 700 bucks haha

Old 02-18-2010, 07:55 PM
3rd Gear

Idiot. You've obviously never heard of a DDM kit. And I sell them for profit, so I have farther knowledge on them than you...

And yes, sticker price. Just as based as your shitty comment.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:18 PM
1st Gear

HID manufacturers often advertise higher color temperature simply to get more sales from misinformed people. I don't think HIDs are even produced higher than 6000k, many companies use tints to give off a more blue color.

~4300k is pure white, what they refer to as "day light white". It's the color temperature of 99.9% the stock headlights on any car that comes with HIDs stock. The higher you stray from 4300k, the dimmer the light will be, the more dispersed it will be (scattered instead of a beam), the harder it will be on your eyes and on the eyes of oncoming traffic (blue light is higher energy light and looking at it compared to lower energy light will strain your eyes more quickly), and in my opinion, just looks ricey.

Anyone considering buying HIDs should read this site thoroughly, tons of great info on HIDs: http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html

On brands, Phillips is obviously the best, but will cost you a boat load. I have heard good things about DDM Tuning (despite being eBay), and Kiaxen. That vvme site someone posted earlier doesn't look too bad either.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 PM
4th Gear

really... ur braggin about selling headlights for a living?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:02 PM
1st Gear

I am running the Slim ballast 55w 6000k H7's, from DDM tuning. I love them. I hate the cheesy blue ricer look, so I didnt wanna go 8000k. I payed $72 after shipping and all. Great price i would say, and the kit seems to be high quality. Nothing is cheep, the wiring is covered in a heat shielded wire casing which i find nifty. Its a very easy install and of course comes with a wiring diagram, not that its hard to figure out. I have installed this kit on 3 cars in the past 3 weeks. My customers see the quality and want there b5 headlights to look like there b6/b7. After comparing the two they have all said that the light output from the DDM kit is brighter and clearer then there stock HID setup. I will say that it is your obligation to aim the headlamps correctly and create the correct cut off. This will also give you the best range of visibility. Any questions just PM me I don't cuss on these forums typically and am more technical. You will have to cut a circular whole in the back on the flip panel on the headlamps to allow the wiring to pass through. DDM supplied a lovely grommet so that no moisture will enter the housing.