B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Hey bitches

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Site Moderator
Default Hey bitches

What's up, ladies?! Just checking in... My 2000 is slowly fading what with the bald tires, cracked windshield, intermitent availability to use power windows/sunroof and interior dome light.... ABS control module.. Air bag light..... Intake leak......... Exhaust leak............. Wheels out of ballance................. Broken coil spring in the back (just at the base-hardly noticeable but not good for tires.) Not a lot going for me other than good brakes, control arms, and asthetics. Starts up everytime and does what I need it to do, I guess... I'm at 117k now, and the next 117k aren't looking very good unless I dump some cash into it. It's paid off so I'm going to milk it for another few years if possible.

I found that if I pound the power window switch panel with my fist that it sometimes fixes the power windows issue. Must be a short. Too lazy to pop off door panel. I used to be so thorough and articulate about diagnosing.... Now me just pound fist and grunt.

I've been out of the scene lately.. Whos got links for the best prices on an ABS control module rebuild, and flex pipe?

Old 04-10-2011, 11:27 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
What's up, ladies?! Just checking in... My 2000 is slowly fading what with the bald tires, cracked windshield, intermitent availability to use power windows/sunroof and interior dome light.... ABS control module.. Air bag light..... Intake leak......... Exhaust leak............. Wheels out of ballance................. Broken coil spring in the back (just at the base-hardly noticeable but not good for tires.) Not a lot going for me other than good brakes, control arms, and asthetics. Starts up everytime and does what I need it to do, I guess... I'm at 117k now, and the next 117k aren't looking very good unless I dump some cash into it. It's paid off so I'm going to milk it for another few years if possible.

I found that if I pound the power window switch panel with my fist that it sometimes fixes the power windows issue. Must be a short. Too lazy to pop off door panel. I used to be so thorough and articulate about diagnosing.... Now me just pound fist and grunt.

I've been out of the scene lately.. Whos got links for the best prices on an ABS control module rebuild, and flex pipe?
i believe ebay would be the best place to look for a rebuild abs theres a guy who does it he did my a4 no promblem's at all worked like a charm for $80

Old 04-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah seen the ebay reubild for $80 in the past.. My car is to the point where while $80 isn't much, especially for ABS functionality, it SEEMS like a ton to put into it. Was hoping that I could find some freak to do it in his garage for $40. I've actually seen the rebuild DIY article in the past but misplaced the link. There have been a couple times over the last couple years that I would have sold my car but didn't put it up because people get scared of all the christmas lights on the dash.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Nice to see you 'round these parts again Jason. ECS has decent deals on flex pipes, but there's a guy on craigslist around here that will R&R for $75 out the door, welding and all. You might creep around the interwebs and try to find something similar in your area.

Who needs tires

Old 04-11-2011, 02:18 PM
2nd Gear

fwiw i just sold a stock audi cat for $168 to the recyclers

Name:  catcheck.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  36.1 KB

Old 04-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Guru

jason, the abs diy is fairly easy.... i had ______ input screen name do it for $50(iirc), but once i got it back i was like damn i could of done that..... just gotta pull the mod, pop it apart and solder it back together

Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by flynnr
fwiw i just sold a stock audi cat for $168 to the recyclers

What?! I didn't even know people would take those from you. Much less pay you for them. I need to get on that.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee

SEARCH you ****** newb...

hi jason

Old 04-12-2011, 08:30 AM
5th Gear

the return of the old unnoob noob. get your car fixed dude. 117k is nothing

Old 04-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Site Moderator

Thanks for your feedback, dudes. Good to see you.

Flynnr, you rat bastard, I sold my cat for $40 last year. Damn.

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
SEARCH you ****** newb...

hi jason
ROFL

Hate you

Quick Reply: Hey bitches