B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

help!! need advice b5 accident..

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 01:36 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by soul23
N also if I haven't report it to my insurance or don't at all.. will it look bad on my part??
Look bad to who?

Look,its your choice,if you choose not to report an accident to your,insurance company,if it were mandatory,everyone's premiums would never go up.

Everyone can choose to not report and pay for damages,out of pocket,so their premiums,won't go up.

insurance companies can give a flying ****,if you call them or not,they are getting paid,regardless you get into accident,not get in one,report it or not.

Damn 500.00 deductible!

Old 06-01-2012, 01:44 PM
1st Gear

Yeah my insurance just called me and asked what happend I told em it was minor n no damage.. he said if I can provide pic.. and also told me it shouldn't be bad since there were no injuries n by the sounds no serious damage.. but is that 500 deductible gonna happen regardless??.. n he also told me if there is no over 1k damage my policy wouldn't raise my insurance is this true.. **** I hate dealing with all this ****.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:16 PM
1st Gear

i had mercury a few years ago... they were cheap. never really had a problem with them. if you have a deductible for his damage (that's rare though?) then you're gonna have to pay it. the higher the deductible, the lower the ins cost.. i mean, from this guy's perspective, you hit him, and may end up costing him money when he returns the car after the lease, so i completely understand him wanting it to get fixed correctly. i don't care what kind of car it is, why should he have to pay because you hit him? i'm not trying to be a dick, just saying... it'll be what it'll be... there's not a whole lot you can do. if you want to spend the money you can get a lawyer and all that, but its really not worth it. i doubt your ins will go up *that* much if at all. when i had mercury, i ended up totaling a car because i had a blow out, on a turn, in the rain. slid my bronco into the back of a jeep, completely tore the entire rear end off the jeep. my ins didn't go up from that.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous
Look bad to who?

Look,its your choice,if you choose not to report an accident to your,insurance company,if it were mandatory,everyone's premiums would never go up.

Everyone can choose to not report and pay for damages,out of pocket,so their premiums,won't go up.

insurance companies can give a flying ****,if you call them or not,they are getting paid,regardless you get into accident,not get in one,report it or not.

Damn 500.00 deductible!
its actually up to the person who got hit, whether or not they report it to theirs and your insurance. if you can both come to an agreement thats one thing, but say i get rear ended and the guy says oh i'll take care of it, and then complains that the damage is 2500 dollars, and all that.. i'm just gonna go through ins at that point he can go **** himself. this happened to me last year. the guy stalled and wouldn't contact his ins company for like 2 months, and after the 60 days they cut me a check and dropped him as a customer.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for Ur input guys.. I guess will see what happends.. it was just like a rear end parking accident like when u back up into the car n then Ur like oops and drive away.. sorta like that but I didn't wanna drive away n get into deepershit... Oh and by the way my driver window regulator thing went out this morning.. dam :-/