B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Help making LED kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:59 PM
1st Gear

I did mine for about $15.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 PM
1st Gear

Pretty sure Emilgevor bought then from someone by the same name.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by meh.
I did mine for about $15.
That's a lot cheaper, I'll give you that. I'm just too lazy to do all the leg work myself, and like bones said, I don't mind helping another forum member out with his business.

EDIT: I also bought some eBay LED's for my license plate lights, and they lasted about 2 weeks. Emil's stuff works so I'll keep buying it.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Administrator

Well, to each their own.

I personally love buying from Emil because like everyone else said, it's always good to support a fellow forum member. Also he's in the US so you know shipping won't take months. In case anything goes wrong, he's just a PM away and I can guarantee that he'll give you the best customer service.

I'm the type of person who would pay a bit more for great customer service.

And I'm not saying this because he's a forum sponsor, he isn't. I'm just very happy with the service and products he sells.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Well, to each their own.

I personally love buying from Emil because like everyone else said, it's always good to support a fellow forum member. Also he's in the US so you know shipping won't take months. In case anything goes wrong, he's just a PM away and I can guarantee that he'll give you the best customer service.

I'm the type of person who would pay a bit more for great customer service.

And I'm not saying this because he's a forum sponsor, he isn't. I'm just very happy with the service and products he sells.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Emilgevor. His kit is tried and proven to be great. It is a great kit for those that don't want to do the extra leg work. But if you want to save some money and have the time to wait for two weeks of shipping, I think you should go the eBay route.

I'll be making a DIY guide for those that would rather not spend $50 on $15 bulbs.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 PM
2nd Gear

I guess i will chime in... I was checking my google analytics and noticed that I was getting traffic from AF for some reason so here I am

I wont get into much since i am not a official vendor on here but I do want to say that when buying LEDs off ebay you have to watch out who you buy from and make sure to buy them all from one supplier. 99% of the time you will get mismatched colors because different manufacturers make them in different colors 5k 6k 6.6k 8k so you might have 5k dome and 8k maps and that wont look that great.
Another issue with buying bulbs off ebay is that exchange and returns are a long process and usually seller makes you pay for postage back so you loose money...
Where I am much cheaper then most places on line that sells complete kits for our cars I understand that $15 vs $50 is a big difference but when you say you bought a all your bulbs for $15 that raises a red flag for someone like me who been in LED business for over 3 years.
First of all B5 B6 B7 B8 has about 16-21 bulbs which means that each bulb is less then $1 each. Shipping from hong kong costs money right? So that means that that bulb was manufactured for less then 20 cents to cover shipping and ebay fees right? After doing a business with direct manufacturer even I can not get a bulb for 20 cents. Then there is question about quality of the diode and soldering of the connections... I think you understand my drift.
Lifetime warranty, fast shipping, customer service are just some of the things that I offer to my customers.

I appreciate for such great support guys. I wouldnt of been here if it was not for you.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Well you earned that support. I echo what the other guys said above - the kits rock, the price is great, and the speed and ease of transactions is worlds better than what others provide. I also am always down to support a fellow member, a small business, and one who goes beyond in service. For a huge company, losing 10 customers is a statistical rounding error but for a one-man operation, those 10 customers matter. You grasp that reality very well and sticking with it as you have will keep you profitable and busy for a long time.