B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Help with borla exhaust install on 2000 1.8t!!! Help fast!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
1st Gear
Question Help with borla exhaust install on 2000 1.8t!!! Help fast!!

Ok so I bought a used borla exhaust from someone around town. The borla exhaust unlike all the other exhaust installs write ups online does not just connect to the sleeve connection that connects the rest of the exhaust to the short pipe with the flex part that connects to the rear of the cat. It comes with a longer pipe that connects right to the rear of the cat and has its own flex piece but does not utilize the stock clamp sleeve. Is it possible to just cut the Borla pipe before the flex to fit into the other end of the stock clamp sleeve so I dont have to try and mess with getting those 3 hard to reach bolts off the rear end of the cat. Please help me out asap because I want to get the install done early tomorrow morning! Thanks for all the help and if anyone has a write up on a Borla exhaust for a b5 audi a4 manual tranny that would be great too!

Old 01-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Calm down.

Did the exhaust you got come with its own down pipe? Take some pics of what you have. You should have turbo->cat->down pipe->flex pipe->sleeve clamp->rest of exhaust. Unbolting the cat from the turbine housing is going to be way easier than trying to get the back three bolts off of it with it on the car.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Guru

Sounds like it chris. Also sounds like maybe setup as a vband, so maybe needs a minor cut on something and a clamp

Old 01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

My borla system didnt use the sleeve, just 2 v-band clamps. If you have the extra time tho, i would def just put the borla down pipe in, well worth the extra work.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

So it would be best just to go ahead and unbolt the cat from the turbo then drop it down and then unbolt the down pipe then bolt on the borla down pipe? Does anyone have a diy on getting best access to the cat>turbo connection to unbolt it? Please let me know!

Also when I bought the exhaust I bought the rear bilstein pss9 coilovers but he didnt have the front. What can I do about this? Can I just buy lowering springs for the front? I dont really have the cash to buy a brand new matching set for the front considering they are around 1000+ correct? Please help me out!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM
1st Gear

correct. Unbolt the cat from the turbo, and pull the cat and downpipe out as one unit. Once its out you can unbolt into the two parts. There are plenty of DIY articles for this, just do a simple google search.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Why was he only selling the rears? You might be able to buy replacements from bilstein but I doubt it

Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by CCA4
Why was he only selling the rears? You might be able to buy replacements from bilstein but I doubt it
Wow - wrong thread

Old 01-11-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by jonbonesjones
Wow - wrong thread
Post #5

Originally Posted by bomber495
Also when I bought the exhaust I bought the rear bilstein pss9 coilovers but he didnt have the front. What can I do about this? Can I just buy lowering springs for the front? I dont really have the cash to buy a brand new matching set for the front considering they are around 1000+ correct? Please help me out!

Old 01-11-2012, 06:56 PM

my bad chris. Op made a thread about his missing front coils. didn't realize it was in here as well.

Quick Reply: Help with borla exhaust install on 2000 1.8t!!! Help fast!!