B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Hello everybody

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:48 AM
1st Gear
Default Hello everybody

Hey..

Im new here so first things first,
let me introduce my ride
its a 2001 FWD manual

So a little story on it
it belong to a good friend of mine he bought it brand new from the dealer, (aka not an US import) and i was the first guy besides him to drive it, the day it came out of dealer.

it's been dealer kept with full dealer history it has 140,000Kms on it (about 90,000 miles) foutunally he drives like an old lady so its not beat up, the interior is mint, concert radio with cd box in the trunk, outside is very clean with a few minor scratches, it has 15" wheels wich on the shitty roads of my country make a lot of sense.

i've had it for about a month and so far ive putted in a K&N Filter, a pair of alpine speakers in the front, put in some new depo lights (it had a valeo and a depo) a 6000K HID kit and a minor service.

on the way, an ipod interface possibly get the hood repainted (it had a minor crash bofore i bought it and they did a shitty job), and maybe get it chipped.

its my weekend drive, i drive a company car on the weekdays

doing my research on the car i came across this forum and felted relived that other people had the same sick love for the B5, but seriusly everybody here seems really cool, knowlodgable and willing to anser any Noob's questions, so im looking foward to hang out here for a while, 'cause im sold,

i'm in love with this car,

and i'm only driving Audi from now on.

Last edited by maximus; 10-12-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:50 AM
2nd Gear

wow, sounds like youll fit right in! throw some questions our way, and in no time youll become addicted ha

Old 10-12-2008, 08:43 PM

nice ride....wish i had your front bumper and trunk lid....

you could think about getting lower and de-badging the rear....

it appears as tho you are turbo...you may want to think about a boost guage, chip and diverter valve....cheap and easy power...

welcome!

Old 10-12-2008, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by qUaTtRoA4
nice ride....wish i had your front bumper and trunk lid....

you could think about getting lower and de-badging the rear....

it appears as tho you are turbo...you may want to think about a boost guage, chip and diverter valve....cheap and easy power...

welcome!
thanks man, i knew the euro trunk wouldn't go unnoticed, the bumper its actually not quite aligned and i think one of the bumper shocks is busted so a its a nice DIY for a rainy day,

lowering a car in my country is mad thou, pot holes the size of craters and speedbumps as high as a dead dog on every street, these streets will eat any wheel over 16", as it stands the bottom hits some of them if i don't pass them at an angle.

about the chipping...

theres only one company in my country that offers this service, well they actually flash the software, its not GIAC, software its Chiptunig Munchen Software http://www.chiptuning-munchen.ro/ so i was wondering if anyone, especially the euro members have had any experiences with this particular "Chip"

Old 10-12-2008, 10:38 PM

i could be wrong but i dont think anyones ever had any experience with that company. maybe u could be write the first review for it?

the list of a4's on there site show the 01 a4 has 150hp and jumps to 190hp, i don't know if things are different where ur from but here they are 170hp.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

yup 150