B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Hello from Beijing! I need a few tips!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:55 AM
1st Gear
Default Hello from Beijing! I need a few tips!

Hello fellas. Names Brendon and I'm originally from San Diego, CA, but just in Beijing for work, and i just got my hands on a 01 a4 for a good deal. I come from the world of sti's and evo's, so i have 0 clue on modding an audi or any euro.

The car is actually in pretty good condition, engines good, interiors excellent, exterior is also very good except for the sideskirt and rear bumper the previous owner had installed...

ABT it says on the trunk...

anyhow, i wanted to know a few things about going "slammed", wheel size, offset, suspension (bags or coilovers), tires, and what kind of modification is needed in order for it to be "slammed"

1. air bags or coilovers ( what brand? i want to be able to adjust ride height quite often so i'm assuming bags would be the way to go )
2. wheel size and offset? remember, i want the whole "hella flush" look. Currently the car has 17's..
3. tire size?

just a FYI, the road here in Beijing is pretty ****e, lots of potholes and whatnot, but are also easily avoidable. There are no "driveways" or hills of any sort, so thats the good part.

Im not touching the motor... as it will only be for show.

and for you hellflush guys out there, how on earth do you drive around??? Like... if im on bags... when normally driving, im assuming you raise it up a notch, and when parked, just dump it?

I would appreciate all the help i can get!! Once i get an idea of how to get the first step, i will post a build thread!

oh, and i want stock sides and rears... these are just wayyy too ugly for my tastes!

thanks everyone,
Brendon

and my old rides

Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 AM

ABT is the company that made the body kit on the car. Can't help you with the rest of your questions, though.