B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Hellllppppp

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 12:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Hellllppppp

Hi everyone!

I am in need of some serious advice... I have a 2001 Audi A4 and I have had it parked for almost 2 years! Right before I decided to park my baby, this is what was happening:
-Green fluid was seeping from the drivers seat floor mats all the way to the back seat mats!
-While driving it, the vehicle would stall or "turn off" in mid motion.

I got some advice from my boyfriend at the time's mechanic. He said I needed to replace the heater core, and that maybe a pully bearing was bad. I cant remember all the details. and now that it's been sitting, the battery is shot and all of the tires are flat. Please give me your best advice and be easy on me! I'd love to get it back on the road or sell it!

Also, please give me some price ranges if at all possible i.e. how much I could sell it "AS IS" , or how much $$ It'll take to get this baby up and running! Thanks!!!

Old 01-30-2014, 01:52 PM
1st Gear

I am sorry to bring you the bad news but seems like she might be dead... unless you wanna pull the entire dashboard out, replace the heater core and thus eliminate the leak. But it is very possible that you might have overheated the engine as well... might be time to just say good buy. If taken to a shop I am pretty sure you will start at at least $1500+ just for the heater core problem and it will only go up and up and up... selling as it? May be you can get $500 in best case scenario
Sorry

Old 01-30-2014, 03:45 PM
2nd Gear

Your heater core is leaking but it's not something I would sell my car over. It is a huge PITA to replace but what I hear it's not hard, just time consuming. If you are against that idea, you will get a lot more money parting the car rather than selling as is