B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

heated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear
Default heated seats?

Hello,
I got a used 1997 audi A4 2.8 Q. I was wondering if i had the heated seats option. Previous owner was a lady and didnt know if it was on it.
Can someone help me identify if my car has heated seats?. Is there a specific button anywhere? FYI, it has leather seats.

Thank you

Old 12-17-2008, 10:48 PM

hey welcome to the site! glad to have you here

about your question - not sure on the 97 but on my car they're close to the climate control... controls. on the left and right sides are two ***** that go from 0 to 6 and there's a picture of a seat right by it. hope that helps!

Old 12-17-2008, 10:51 PM
1st Gear

in the center column right above the ashtray and below the a/c there are two turn ***** that have 0-6 on them...you can turn them down or up...idk if that helped..if you can post a pictureof your center column bottom half and i can tell you if you have heated seats or not?

Old 12-18-2008, 02:22 AM
1st Gear

To the boys that posted^^^^ are thinking of the face lift 99 and up with are cars there is two switches above the radio one next to the fog and the other one on the passenger side next to the fogs. If you do not have them then you with just have fogs and a little compartment on the passenger side

Old 12-18-2008, 02:27 AM
1st Gear

they would look something like this but not exact this is from an old s6

Attached Thumbnails heated seats?-km.jpg  
Old 12-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Administrator

I have a 97, and the heated seats option came with the winter weather package. So if you have an ambient temperature display in the lower center of the gauge cluster and the stupid little ski sack in the center of the back seats (there were other options included in this package as well but they escape me at the moment), then you more-than-likely have the heated seats as well. Here's a pic of my center console:
Name:  IMGP1515.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  120.4 KB
You can see the little wheel/****/widgets that the other guys mentioned. The passenger's side wheel is just to the right of my iPod, the driver's side wheel is just to the left of the fog light switches. Maybe that was the other option in the winter weather package, fog lights?

Old 12-19-2008, 09:25 AM
1st Gear
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by compmanben
hey welcome to the site! glad to have you here

about your question - not sure on the 97 but on my car they're close to the climate control... controls. on the left and right sides are two ***** that go from 0 to 6 and there's a picture of a seat right by it. hope that helps!
Thank you for your warm welcome. I have so many questions about my audi, that im sure im gonna be here to stay for a long time.
Im amazed at this forums super quick replies, Thank you everyone.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:29 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
I have a 97, and the heated seats option came with the winter weather package. So if you have an ambient temperature display in the lower center of the gauge cluster and the stupid little ski sack in the center of the back seats (there were other options included in this package as well but they escape me at the moment), then you more-than-likely have the heated seats as well. Here's a pic of my center console:

You can see the little wheel/****/widgets that the other guys mentioned. The passenger's side wheel is just to the right of my iPod, the driver's side wheel is just to the left of the fog light switches. Maybe that was the other option in the winter weather package, fog lights?
I do not have the option of heated seats as I do not see the "SEAT" symbol on my controls. The right side where your Ipod is located is rectangular box like thing and I currently use it to put my gas bills.
But I do have the SKI thing in the rear, and the fog light buttons.

Can we get the heated seats package installed in my car now?

Thank you again for all your help!
vish

Old 12-19-2008, 09:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by cgroff5686
they would look something like this but not exact this is from an old s6
Hi
Thank you for your super fast reply
I do not have those switches on my board.
I guess i do not have the heated seats option.
But the speed at which my audi blows hot air ( like in few secs) I guess I dont have to bother about heated seats

Thank you once again.

PS: I do have Fog light switches.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Hmmm thats odd, I suppose whoever bought yours from the dealer could have ordered it custom? But i've never heard of having the rest of the winter weather package and not having heated seats. Do you have the ambient temperature display between the speedo and the tach?

Also, you mentioned you have a bunch of questions about your audi. I recommend reading the stickies at the top of the B5 page, they're EXTREMELY helpful and very well written.

Quick Reply: heated seats?