B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 10:57 PM
1st Gear
Default headlights

My wonderful driver side headlight decided that it would blow the hid, have more water on the inside than the outside and break on of the three ears holding it onto the car. I was looking around on the internet on ecs they are 270 i found some on ebay with the led swoosh but they are for the 96-99 as i have a 2001 that doesn't help. any one know where i can find some with the d-plug?

Old 12-25-2010, 12:58 AM
2nd Gear

I believe that the two piece are D plug, but they are U.G.L.Y. (See signature)

There is the R8 Style LED lights made by Helix. DEPO also makes some very good looking non-OEM lights. They look the same as the stock one pieces but they have clear corners. Thats what I'm personally saving up for.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by kayakman13
I believe that the two piece are D plug, but they are U.G.L.Y. (See signature)

There is the R8 Style LED lights made by Helix. DEPO also makes some very good looking non-OEM lights. They look the same as the stock one pieces but they have clear corners. Thats what I'm personally saving up for.
Once you put an amber bulb they are no longer clear corners, unless you get a bulb with a silver coating on it. BTW, these headlights use different turn signal bulbs which are single filament as opposed to our dual filament, and they use a different turn signal connector. Wouldn't recommend saving up for them at all...

For facelift, is there the 3rd screw hole in the side of the front mount like pre-facelift has (behind the turn signal on 2-piece lights)? If not, these headlights would shake even worse than they already do, especially over bumps.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:31 PM
1st Gear

for the facelift there is a third screw by the turn signals that connect at the bottom of the headlight. were you saying that the depo headlights have different bulbs or the helix?

Old 12-26-2010, 12:21 AM

The Helix headlights do. I dunno, maybe those are the bulbs/connector that facelift uses but something tells me they aren't. To be honest I threw those headlights away, I thought they were that worthless.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MetalMan
The Helix headlights do. I dunno, maybe those are the bulbs/connector that facelift uses but something tells me they aren't. To be honest I threw those headlights away, I thought they were that worthless.
The Helix R8 style ones?

I've heard good things about DEPO, and thats what I want unless anyone wants to tell me some bad.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:22 PM
3rd Gear

The Helix R8 style ones?

I've heard good things about DEPO, and thats what I want unless anyone wants to tell me some bad.
Some bad?

Mine didn't come properly sealed out of the box, I get condensation in them if the weather is right. I can't seem to find where it isn't sealed either.

:/

Old 12-27-2010, 08:54 PM

The Helix R8 style ones?
Yep, those ones.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:55 AM
1st Gear

i love my depos but they do get condensation from time to time... my adjuster is no longer connected to the housing, i cant adjust either of the low beams at all. on the good side.

the look amazing! the light quality is great

hope that helps out

Old 12-28-2010, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

I have an oem set of headllights with HID'S already.. idk if you wanted to stay stock or go aftermarket but here is a picture for you.
- I also have the fogs for sale.

Name:  headlightsihg.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  7.5 KB

Quick Reply: headlights