B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Halo head lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 04:01 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous
Angel eyes is the correct term for the ones i have on my Audi lights,Halos are the ones on BMW's.

I think it's ignorant for somone to say a perticular style of lights should not be on an Audi,it's not your car,for a person to trash someone that has a style that you don't like,it's so childish and junveile,everyone has different tastes about what looks good on their car,if i look at another B5 with this or that on it and i don't like it,i would never trash it behind or to his face,i'll simply say,"its not for me or i may even like it but say"its not for me".

I like my Angel eye lights on my B5,i can care less what some stranger on a forum thinks about how it looks on "my" car.

I am not talking about your post jdahlen24,was reffering to the guy with the BMW in his sig..which is really ironic,being he has a BMW for a sig on a Audi forum,yet he is bashing people that have Halo or Angel eye lights on their B5,go figure that one.
First off, Angel Eyes are the proper term for a BMW. I'm not sure about Audi, and that's mostly because I think they look out of place when put on anything other than a Bimmer.

I wasn't "trash talking" in the least... Simply giving a suggestion that you took offense to because you're a pathetic little *** always looking for an e-fight.

I've been on this forum a good three years longer than you have, and had a B5 when I joined. After I sold it for the BMW I stuck around because I liked the community, despite dipshits like you.

To the OP: I apologize in advance for the derailing of your thread that is sure to ensue simply because some spelling- and punctuation-challenged ****-head decided to "call me out."

Old 02-17-2011, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

One problem I always saw with the "angel eye" or "halo" headlights was they look dumb as $hit when of them blows. So you buy aftermarket headlights with the halos or whatever, and all 4 show up nice and brite for a while until one gets dimmer or completely goes out. Question is, Now what do you do? The only way to fix them is either disconnect the rest of the halos and now you just have regular headlights OR you buy an entire new set to replace just 1 blown halo. Just another thing to think about when you are putting them on. They are aftermarket and the quality isn't the same as those factory ones that come on BMW and what not, and I believe (don't quote me tho) the BMW halos ARE replaceable if they blow.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Just to illustrate the 75x terminal, look at these two pics:

See the four nuts below the relays? Those are the power terminals. Looking from below, you'll see this:

The one on the left, with the small yellow/black wires, is the 75x. In the first pic, you can see a yellow decal just above it. The other three, with the large red wires attached, are constant-power terminals, which have power all the time. The 75x is ignition-switched, so power only is available there with the key turned on.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

That is awesome info...thanks. the only reason I purchased these thing was b/c one of the stock lights was damaged and it was much chaeper to go aftermarket which sounds like it was a mistake. I was going to sell the good one I had but maybe I'll hold on to it. I haven't even got both installed. One was damaged in the box so they sent me another which was also damaged and now the company won't respond....should have gone with the Audi.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

I always try to warm people about the "angel eye" headlights for B5's. A set came on my old 97 and aside from how they look, the lighting was absolutely terrible! It was definitley not an upgrade. For my current A4 I bought a set of Depos modelled off of oem projector headlights and I'm very happy with them.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:12 PM
2nd Gear

I installed afermarket HALO LEDs on my B5s and have had NO problem...and think they look awesome!!! wiring with the fog light wire is a little tricky...if you wire them wrong, when you turn on your headlights, the FOG light icon inside will light up, so be careful. Mine are wired to show ALL halo and LEDs when I use parking lights....I'm attaching a pic during daylight, hope you can see them well...

Marky

Attached Thumbnails Halo head lights-halo.jpg