B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

GTRS Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:56 PM
1st Gear
Default GTRS Turbo

So, the GTRS is the biggest turbo thats stock manifold friendly. Add injectors and remap the ECU. What else is needed for sure for the swap. Only have so much $ and will be doing it in a 3mth period. Please "spell" it out for me if possible. Appreciate anything on this.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Administrator

I would think a bigger intercooler, better DV, and possibly a clutch are in order to use the power (and a boost gauge and possibly a boost controller as well). With the speed potential of the bump in power you'd see, you may want to upgrade brakes as well. Uncork the turbo with a catback exhaust, and if you can get away with them, test pipe and downpipe as well.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:35 AM

im pretty sure it requires a 3" intake instead of 2.5" and new maf housing as well. the 71r elim is the biggest elim turbo for the stock mani.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:53 AM
1st Gear

I would email ATP Turbo as they sell this kit... They could probably tell you more than we could unless someone with the kit actually chimes in.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:17 PM
3rd Gear

the 2871r eliminator is the biggest turbo that bolts to the stock exhaust manifold.

you NEED:
Turbo + oil/coolant lines, adapters, and bolts
FMIC+intake pipe
software+ whatever FPR, MAF, injectors the software calls for.
boost gauge
diverter valve

you should also think about doing:
clutch
exhaust
connecting rods
fuel pump
brakes

Old 01-23-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm make believe

Originally Posted by thagr81_us
I would email ATP Turbo as they sell this kit... They could probably tell you more than we could unless someone with the kit actually chimes in.
they suck. You want a kit put together by someone else with good injectors and sw.

You need to the 3" intake, 2.5" is way to small and will kill power and spool.

basic parts will be tune, injectors, oil and coolent lines. Then you will need to get the other supplemental parts

Old 01-23-2009, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by ghost6303
the 2871r eliminator is the biggest turbo that bolts to the stock exhaust manifold.

you NEED:
Turbo + oil/coolant lines, adapters, and bolts
FMIC+intake pipe
software+ whatever FPR, MAF, injectors the software calls for.
boost gauge
diverter valve
clutch
exhaust

you should also think about doing:
connecting rods
fuel pump
brakes
I'd change your fuel filter, not so much the fuel pump. The stock clutch would barely hold the power, even if your drove easy (and that's no fun) and an exhaust is needed.

edit-

and get it from www.034motorsport.com

they have the fueling, unitronic tuning, all of the hardware, exhaust, turbo inlet pipe and everything.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by pyropenguin
I'd change your fuel filter, not so much the fuel pump. The stock clutch would barely hold the power, even if your drove easy (and that's no fun) and an exhaust is needed.

edit-

they have the fueling, unitronic tuning, all of the hardware, exhaust, turbo inlet pipe and everything.
I've been told by someone who owns an audi/vw/bmw performance shop that the stock a4 clutch can handle like 400awhp?? 3-400 perhaps? any truth to this? In regard to the 2871r eliminator, how much hp would it make with the upgrades listed above?

Old 01-23-2009, 01:21 PM
3rd Gear

the list i put is what is needed to get the car running and driving. it will run on the stock exhaust and clutch, but you would have to drive like a grandma and baby it. sure it would be much better if you upgraded and you would have alot more power. however if money or down time is a concern and this is your only car, you can get the car drivable with just the stuff in the NEED list, and do the other stuff at a later time. the fuel filter is a good idea while your at it.

I've been told by someone who owns an audi/vw/bmw performance shop that the stock a4 clutch can handle like 400awhp?? 3-400 perhaps? any truth to this?
absolutely not.

Last edited by ghost6303; 01-23-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm make believe

edit-

The fuel pump is an upgrade, not a replacement like the filter. The pump is needed to flow enoug fuel for the 440/630cc inject being used.

The clutch will hold, but not for all that long. It was meant for 150hp not 350hp.

Quick Reply: GTRS Turbo