B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

gt71r vs. gt28rs

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 02:43 PM
1st Gear
Default what is elim?

Originally Posted by ThatRetardedKid
what does elim mean ?

To answer, the get eliminator, in simplest form is direct turbo bolt-on turbo that matches the OEM flanges on manifold and exhaust. So you can use most of your OEM. Engine setup while getting more power.

Others will want to add what I said.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:49 PM
1st Gear

So you only need a new manifold and test pipe and then it isnt elim? Are there like adaptors on the turbo that make it sn elim setup or are there like stock sized flanges welded on the turbo

Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation What is an Eliminator Turbo?

Originally Posted by Sheasta
So you only need a new manifold and test pipe and then it isnt elim? Are there like adaptors on the turbo that make it sn elim setup or are there like stock sized flanges welded on the turbo
Here is a quote from an eliminator kit:
"bolt-on turbo kit utilizing stock exhaust manifold in stock location. All hardware required for complete bolt-on. Completely stealth and stock appearing. Retains all emissions related components."

On a normal BT upgrade you are replacing manifold, to major piping, intercooler, exhaust, cats, and possibly more on what they need. Much more expensive. Elims also are morphs of other turbos; different turbine wheels (going small for quick spool), different compressor wheels (usually as big as they can stuff in.

Now on performance, there is a lot of debate between the Elim's and the full BT upgrades. Just research opinions.

All I can say is that if you want power, then stay away from K03, K04 upgrades, ecu flashes and the such. Spend the same amount and get 300bhp with stock internals. But once you upgrade your connecting rods to forged you can turn up boost and timing and hit 400whp with the correct tune and fueling kit.

I hope that made more sense? If not somebody will correct me on here.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:54 PM
1st Gear

I love my gtrs eliminator, that being said, you need to have the supporting mods if you are going to want to put down power. I recommend a full 3 inch turbo back exhaust for it, makes quite the difference over the 2.5 inch one I had on prior to. It is like driving an entirely new car.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:07 AM
2nd Gear

I did a ton of research into this when I was going to go BT. Going elim is easier, but if youre going to do it at all you might as well do it right and just go full frame.

With elim it bolts right into the stock position and you can use stock components, you're not going to see nearly as much power this way as you would full frame though.

To get the most power out of the elim setup's you will need all the supporting mods and once you get to that point you'll be wondering why you didnt just spend basically the same amount of money and go full frame.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:57 AM
1st Gear
Wink

Originally Posted by shortyxc
I'm not sure going full frame is an easier, as you will need the same supporting mods and both installs are both straighforward... Elim setup as stated allows you to maintain a "stealth" look by being able to use the stock manifold (or high flow upgrade). they make nearly identical power numbers and spool time, so it is ultimately a personal choice.
I just spoke with ATP and spoke on best street able turbos and gtrs with high flow cat and 3 inch cat back is the best setup. With that you will get 3-325 awhp and it will spool quick off the line.

The gt71 is more power, but its a top end turbo and spools 500rpm higher then gtrs. On a stock motor you will be running both to 22psi making the gt71 laggy. Again their race decision told me the gtrs is best street turbo.