B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

GT2X Eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 09:49 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: GT2X Eliminator

Ok, i still don't have an A4 yet but after extensive reading i belive the GT28rs would be a great BT to go with. It seems like it would fare well to use as a DD and also use at the track. It's exciting learning all this stuff. Thanks for all the info cincy!!

Old 10-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Lets recap

1.8t = 1.8t. I work on both Transverse and Longitude cars
All elims suck, spend the extra $1-1.5k to get performance
tq is needed for DD
You know, as i watch both you guys battle back and forth, each of you have valid points and flaws in each of your arguements, and both being too stubborn to learn from each others side.
Im not nearly as experienced as both cincy or sean on the subject of tuning but i do see valid points on both sides. Can't we all just get along LOL. [:-]

Cincy's opinion on eliminator turbos for instance, (mine isn't far behind his) is negative as well as mine, the power just isn't there like it is on a full size turbo. As for the GT2X, sean seems to have a little bit more knowledge on the subject of them failing which is another reason i don't like them.
The hard fact is this, the stock manifold is specifically designed to do one thing, support a k03 turbo (without stressing the manifold) and provide as much flow as the k03 would need. So why bolt something on to the stock manifold that won't yield the kind of gains the engine should see? I don't see a reason, save your money and buy a good set up. Cincy or sean, feel free to un-load your wrath on me if you wish, i can take it.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm make believe

I did a search on the all powerfull zine for gt2x. Ran into a handful of people running it (and liking it) and one idiot saying a bunch of stupid crap, mainly its a stripped down gt25 (its a gt20, not gt25), since its oil cooled only, the turbo life sucks (tell that to the people running t3's and t3t4's and have 10's of thousands of miles on them) and you make the same power as a ko4, last time i checked, a ko4 cant hold above 1bar at redline (hell, 5.5k) like a gt2x can.

So, if you want low end tq and a longer powerband than a ko4, get a gt2x. But if you want a real turbo and make actual power, you need a real t3/t25 manifold and turbo. It comes down to if the lag and lack of power and tq is worth the$500-1000 savings for a gtrs or gt71r

Old 10-21-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: auditech79

Cincy's opinion on eliminator turbos for instance, (mine isn't far behind his) is negative as well as mine, the power just isn't there like it is on a full size turbo. As for the GT2X, sean seems to have a little bit more knowledge on the subject of them failing which is another reason i don't like them.
The hard fact is this, the stock manifold is specifically designed to do one thing, support a k03 turbo (without stressing the manifold) and provide as much flow as the k03 would need. So why bolt something on to the stock manifold that won't yield the kind of gains the engine should see? I don't see a reason, save your money and buy a good set up. Cincy or sean, feel free to un-load your wrath on me if you wish, i can take it.
No wrath, but i would like to add where you leave off. Your going to need a better flowing manifold with the turbos anyway, that negates most of the savings for the setup. Also the turbo inlet is to small and the housings are not nearly as efficent as a t25 and far from a t3 housing. And finally, its a ATP product, quality is alwaysin questionalong withtheir fitment/reliabilty.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Site Moderator

^^^^^Thats a good response

Old 10-21-2007, 11:24 PM
2nd Gear

as im having big problems with my ATP hardware(who would have guessed[:@]) i don't have time to get into it. nor the energy.

but 2 quick things. the GT2X IS based off of the GT25.. coolant fed or not. that's a fact.

and aRif's dyno makes me sick too. he needs to do something different. like switch to CTapp tunning over his Unitronics. that ALONE, should net him another 20-30whp and 50+wtq

Old 10-21-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm make believe

The gt2x is a gt20, the chra numbers match.

Also i HIGHLY doubt swapping from tunes he makes that much power.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm make believe

To be more specific, gt2052

Garrett GT20

Thread one
Thread two

Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

One last question is it possible to run the gtrs kit without a chip?

Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm make believe

can you run it... yes, will it perform well..... no. Your going to need fueling and then tuning for the fueling.

Quick Reply: GT2X Eliminator