B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

gt2x elim

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:10 AM
Default RE: gt2x elim

Here are some quotes from audizine about the gt2x. mike-2ptzero owns the fastest A4 in the world right now, and onemoremile is a forum mod.

----------------------------------

ORIGINAL: mike-2ptzero The GT2x is a huge waste of time, if your going to go with that might as well just throw on a K04.

ORIGINAL: onemoremile Stay away from the GT2X. It is basically a stripped down GT25 without the water cooling that adds serious longevity. The addition of water cooling would make it a much better buy.

ORIGINAL: superman_006 The K04 isnt oil cooled and water cooled, the bearings/shaft are oil feed and turbo housing is water cooled
ORIGINAL: onemoremile That is how a turbo is supposed to be. Take away the water and you've got a hot little turbo that lasts half as long. FWIW, the K04 does not have bearings it has an oil film bearing which isn't really a bearing at all. More like a lubed up bushing.

Not trying to say you're wrong cincy, but there are many people over on AZ saying that the gt2x is a huge waste of time. These two are just the most reputable I could think of.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:21 AM
I'm make believe

LOL, they are pretty weak sources if 1) they dont even know what turbo it is and 2) they really think that being oil cooled only kills longevity. These guys are pretty sad. Its a gt2050 which is far smaller than a gt25r and as said before, there is tons of stock turbos running with no water lines. Last time i checked, most were getting 100k+ from them

And as for being a waste and getting a ko4....[sm=icon_rofl.gif] The ko4 has a HUGE 500-1000rpm powerband. Its just a huge spike and then nothing. Why spend $2k on parts and tuning for basically nothing? The gt2x actually has a powerband unlike the ko4 and still has stock like spool.

BTW, just because your a mod doesnt mean you know what your talking about.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

so i can just use a ko4 j31 hammer file and it will work fine with the 380cc injectors no problem?

Old 02-12-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm make believe

It should work fine. Just make sure it doesnt lean outup top

Old 02-12-2008, 07:15 PM
1st Gear

what exactly do you mean by lean out up top?

Old 02-12-2008, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

also cincy not to be a dick or anything but i want to make syre i am getting the right turbo. what has changed you opion with GT2x. in other post i have seen that you dont have the same thoughts about it then as you do now. why is that?

Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm make believe

Lean would be not enough fuel in higher RPMS. You should be fine but you still should keep an eye on it.

My orginal views where based on being a transverse engine guy and having access to the ko4-20 turbo from a 225TT for the same power range. Its actually the only turbo available that is a direct bolt on worth anything and gives a nice increase in power without being a med-large size turbo. However i still believe its a better route to go with a t3s60 for about the same funds. But since not everyone is looking for 280whp+, its best not to push it. So, transverse its pointless, but on a longitude car its fine since its a nice step up and worth more than a ko4-15

Old 02-12-2008, 07:45 PM
1st Gear

alright thanks man i wasnt trying to get on you or anything i was just wondering. what is the best way to keep and eye to see if it runs lean at high rpms. also i can just get the j31 from my local giac dealer correct? and where should i get the injectors from.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Mya4T

what is the best way to keep and eye to see if it runs lean at high rpms. A wbo2 sensor and gauge since the AEB/ATW cars dont have one
also i can just get the j31 from my local giac dealer correct? Believe so

and where should i get the injectors from. USrallyteam.com

Old 02-12-2008, 08:31 PM
1st Gear

alright cincy i know you prob want to kill me cause i have about a thousand question but what is a wbo2 sensor. where can i get one how much what do i need? also you never got back to me on the ecu w/m tune and how that works and where to get it lol im sorry man lol

Quick Reply: gt2x elim