B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Gotta love a score at the junkyard:)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Administrator
Default Gotta love a score at the junkyard:)

So I was at our local place (Gary's U-Pull-It) the other day, and pulled a few curious parts from an Audi 100 and an Audi 90. Buddy said something about our A4s, and I remarked that it'd be a cold day in Hell before Gary's got an A4. Then I turned my head and saw one lol.

So as you can imagine, we set on it like a pack of sailors on a Bangkok prostitute. Came away with a ton of parts, mostly minor stuff but some pretty good scores for the money (combi switch for $14ish, brake switch, e-brake sleeve, TCU (it was a 98 tip), turn signal sockets, valve covers (got 'em today), and a bunch of other stuff, too numerous to mention). However, my favorite score was this:

It's the vast majority of the interior of the car - all black leather (same as what's in my car). Headrests were gone when I went back for it today, and the driver's seat is powered, so I have yet to get it out of the car (it's coming home with me though, hell or high water), but the passenger seat and the full rear seat (bolsters, backrests, bottom cushion) are all here now in my garage. Thankfully they're the kind of place where a seat is a seat, regardless of its replacement cost at a dealer, so I got all that stuff for about the price of the passenger seatbelt buckle

These will minimize the downtime for my interior customizing build, as I can drive on one set while the other set is worked over, then swap them out and sell off the stock set. Anyone in the market for leather over the winter, for install in early spring, PM me about them later on as I'll probably put them up for sale at that time.

Stoked to have a score like this though - I can't imagine what Audi would charge for a new set of seats like this, with airbags and heaters and in excellent shape. Sorry about the crappy phone-cam pics, but I wasn't gonna go dig out the digicam for pictures of seats we've all seen before - my point was that I got probably close to 2 grand worth of seating for practically a song

Last edited by ImTheDevil; 08-20-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Site Moderator

Super score! Can't beat that. I've lost all hope in finding an Audi in a junk yard around here. There's always Shokan, but they are so Paris Hilton.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 08-08-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

That does sound like a good score. Congrats...

Old 08-08-2008, 11:02 AM

Nice you jammy git.

I wish we still had breakers like that here in the UK, now every thing is on the shelf.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:21 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
Super score! Can't beat that. I've lost all hope in finding an Audi in a junk yard around here. There's always Shokan, but they are so Paris Hilton.
Yep, same.. I saw an A6 2.8q at pick n pull once but it was totaled and all the good stuff was gone.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Our place has lots of older Audis over time - there's always at least one or two 100CS models, but this is the first time I've ever found an A4 there (probably the last too unfortunately). Gotta love it though - I grabbed everything I could think of that is known to fail, short of the control arms (although I may get them too) - have to take advantage while the opportunity is there.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
4th Gear

Major score! I wish there was a junkyard like that close by so I could find an a/c condenser, the stealership wants $368!

Old 08-08-2008, 07:47 PM
CIA
1st Gear

i dont want to disapoint you guys, but here, around a 25 mile around i know 4 junkyard with at least (3-4) A4's a couple of A6 and some with A8. AT EACH ONE OF THEM.

They charge for a part about 30% of the value at the stealership.

I had the chance to get 4 mags out of a S4 in perfect condition with almost brand new tires(performance ones) on them for 600$ and i let it pass...for some reason.

NOW i regret my decision...next time ill think twice.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:01 AM
4th Gear

Your pictures aren't showing for me but......

Old 08-09-2008, 11:25 PM
2nd Gear

Damn!!!!! I'll be looking at you when your seat come up for sale.

Quick Reply: Gotta love a score at the junkyard:)