B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

got pulled over doing a 110 yesterday on I-25

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

coming from a family of racers or not, doing 110 through traffic is suicide. All it takes is for someone not to see you and come over by the time it's too late to do anything. i'm just thankful I survived my teen years doing that crap.. Worst I ever got busted for was doing 97 in a 55, but I was already slowing down for my exit, I was doing about 115 right before I blew past the DMV guy. Lucky as hell I only got a warning ticket.

But yea, I'd rather be late for a class than dead. And the whole "racing heritage" thing doesn't stick too well either, since I've buried a few friends over the years who claimed that too. So odds are, you probably won't live past 25 if you keep it up.

10 tickets and you're 20?! Slow your role son. You know how much money you can save on insurance alone just keeping your license clear?!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:37 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by nitro_rider2001
actually first time was for a dui ghost (pulled over for too dark of tint, not weaving or anything)... so **** off, and i dont drive like that normally but i do come from a family of true racers... i have a brother in the pro-stock circuit and my father was a small gtc class driver back in the day.. so i'm not driving this fast like an idiot that doesnt know the limits of his car and trying to put others in danger.. so next time i decide to share a story that changed me I'll try and forget about our little "community"... it's people like you ghost that go about there lives evaluating others and putting them down when they need to look at their own fucked up lives and change
oh my mistake, driving under the influence is so much better then doing twice the speed limit. and since when does skill get passed down thru genetics. i dont care what your family does, and i really dont care if you yourself are a pro nascar driver, if you are going that fast on public roads you are a danger to me, my family, and everyone else out there and i personally take offense when people like you come and brag about their experiences like that, how "lucky" they were. yes you were lucky, lucky you didnt kill anyone else (i dont care if you take your own life, thats Darwins law at work).

its also one thing to come and post here and admit to being retarded and take whatever criticism people give you, but then when someone else calls you retarded you turn around and take offense to it? what the hell did you expect?

Old 04-23-2009, 11:46 PM
4th Gear

just look at the positives that your not in jail or your cars wrecked. ive had people tell me stuff like that and i know the feeling, just push it down and move on. atleast you get to re-present your presentaion.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Administrator

When i first got my A4 i got two tickets in 2 weeks, both for doin 73 in a 55. The first one cost me $110, the second one i got off with a warning because the cop said i was obviously too stupid to be able to afford two tickets for doing the exact same thing. He was right. I haven't even gotten a second look from a cop since.

When you're ten minutes late for class before you've even left, you get drunk at your apartment and come up with a good excuse, not weave through traffic doing 110.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna get on my high horse and call you a complete dipsh*t, because i've done more than my share of stupid stuff, but don't kill yourself man its not worth it.

Finally, if any of these guys has something to say about your story that you don't like, then either take it as "constructive" criticism (which is how its intended), or don't post. No one pays attention to the d-bags that come on this forum to flame people anyway, but most of the guys here have legit advice that you should probably listen to. Besides, you should be in the clink anyway for doin' 110 in the middle of the day, so shut up and take your medicine.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:47 PM

i have no problem taking criticism from you guys... i learn from it such as i have from my dui.. since that day i have not drivin once under the influence and I probably wouldnt have learned without it.. and to this ghost character.. just give up thinkin your the **** right now... i wasnt posting my experience bragging about my story.. anyone can go fast.. all i was doing was posting an experience that changed me so go back home... **** your ugly wife and say somethin else dumb in response to my posting.. (Darwin's law at work??) you don't even know me.. your assuming i'm some lil kid that got an audi and thinks he's cool cause he can go fast and brag about it... WRONG!!! i have worked my *** off thru school to keep my car on the road and i am proud of that... so like i said go home, sulk some more and live your shitty life

and I was doing 110 in the open on I-25.. im not so juvenile that i would think i could get away with that in traffic but thats where the cop saw me at

Old 04-24-2009, 03:03 PM
3rd Gear

You're taking this a little far...

Old 04-24-2009, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

^^agreed. if the OP didn't expect some one to voice their true opinion, this thread should've never been started. if you want to be a racer, be a legit racer. driving like that in normal traffic is really asking for trouble. you never really know what the old guy in the next lane over is going to do. maybe it's time to grow up a bit.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:23 PM

if you're not first you're last!

(kidding)

but dude, just not a good idea to go that fast in traffic. You never know how people will react and accidents are fatal at that speed.

do i make bad decisions? no, of course not. you should ask yourself a couple questions before you decide to act crazy.

1. what's the chance this kills me?
2. will I get arrested
3. will i get the hiv

i think you shouldn't be so upset about ghost's comments to the point where you just insult him. He is only being straight forward with you, and constructive criticism isn't always easy to swallow. No one here wants to read about you dying bro. It's good you've learned your lesson. Now live it

for what it's worth, I got a "speeding" ticket in bumville, vermont. (something junction, vermont) 13 MPH over. I had my car on cruise control. Only speeding ticket I've ever gotten. 78 in a 65. The Vermont statie creeped up along side of my car, he was so afraid of the Smashachusetts plate I guess. He handed me the ticket and I looked at it, saw the fine, and really asked him "So do I have to pay this?" He was nice about it and said yes... FML

Last edited by ouzo 2; 04-24-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:02 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ouzo 2
if you're not first you're last!

(kidding)

but dude, just not a good idea to go that fast in traffic. You never know how people will react and accidents are fatal at that speed.

do i make bad decisions? no, of course not. you should ask yourself a couple questions before you decide to act crazy.

1. what's the chance this kills me?
2. will I get arrested
3. will i get the hiv

i think you shouldn't be so upset about ghost's comments to the point where you just insult him. He is only being straight forward with you, and constructive criticism isn't always easy to swallow. No one here wants to read about you dying bro. It's good you've learned your lesson. Now live it

for what it's worth, I got a "speeding" ticket in bumville, vermont. (something junction, vermont) 13 MPH over. I had my car on cruise control. Only speeding ticket I've ever gotten. 78 in a 65. The Vermont statie creeped up along side of my car, he was so afraid of the Smashachusetts plate I guess. He handed me the ticket and I looked at it, saw the fine, and really asked him "So do I have to pay this?" He was nice about it and said yes... FML
Well, at least he didn't have to worry about concern #3

And nitro.. glad ur learning your lessons, but it's a lot cheaper to learn em without blue lights in your mirror. at least u got people here who care, instead of some of those crowds where what u did would've been "the ****."

Old 04-25-2009, 01:23 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by superdooperme
i hate you...

ive gotten pulled over 10 times and im only 20.

and once was by a DOT guy

long story, lol
wow u must b frickin retarded

Quick Reply: got pulled over doing a 110 yesterday on I-25