B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

got a code.. not sure what the problem is?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:50 PM
2nd Gear
Default got a code.. not sure what the problem is?

so i just got the last of my list of maintenance issues taken care of two days ago.. thought i was driving a problem free, all caught up car for once and man did it feel good.. hahaha buttt i spoke too soon.. started my car tonight to let it warm up before i went into town, came back out and noticed my check engine light was on.. so i scanned it with my laptop and this is what i came up with.. my car was running/driving/idling perfectly fine..

Address 01: Engine
16825 - EVAP Emission Control sys: Incorrect Flow
P0441 - 35 -00 - -

from what that says alone, im thinking an 02 sensor? but im not sure.. thanks in advance guys

Old 01-15-2009, 08:23 PM
3rd Gear

Had you put gas in recently?

Old 01-15-2009, 09:00 PM
5th Gear

no the evap is the gas system. clear it and it shouldn't come back. do you leave your car running while getting gas?

Old 01-15-2009, 09:24 PM
2nd Gear

no i dont.. always shut it off.. i re tightened my cap to sine's per her advice but still its on.. and the version of vag i have is 409-1 and i cant clear codes with it?? lol i dont have the 311 version or whatever like the cool people cause it says my cable wont work with it.. buttt if i cant clear it myself ill bring it to my guy and get it cleared.. it also said its intermittent.. didnt say that the first time i scanned it..

Old 01-15-2009, 09:35 PM
3rd Gear

I'll bet a $100 it was the gas cap (but know that if that turns out not to be the case that this post will disappear).

The cost for my advice will be your wheels.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:44 PM
5th Gear

you're using the ebay cable right? so am i and i can clear whatever i want. achTTung live in vermont i think. pm him to see if he's close because he has the full version of VAGCOM. otherwise see if you can get a guy from autozone of sm to clear it. or you can drive to bing and i can do it for you lol.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:08 AM
2nd Gear

hahaha Sine, you totally might have been right? it def was something to do with fuel, but im not sure it was the gascap.. cap was on tight when i was talking to you and i took it off and then back on.. still had the CEL.. drove to the city.. came home still on.. went back out, to a local bar, was in there for about an hour, came back out and it was off.. and has stayed off since.. (time period of a few hours) so im thinking it was just cause of the rediculous cold weather.. my car said -19 at my house when i got home tonight, and the thermometer said -17 so.. i dunno? but sine, since we dont know if you were right or not, no wheels for you.. as much as i wish i could.. haha

hiwords, i think i might even be able to clear codes i guess i just havnt used it enough to figure **** out.. im gunna have to go thru that tomorrow and see what i can and cant do.. can you do other **** like alarm features and window controls and stuff? always wondered.. theres a few regulars i think in the forum that are vermonters like me.. arent you and Imthedevil close to each other over there in NY? we all should get together sometime.. maybe even go to the next big show or somethin.. would be siickk

Old 01-16-2009, 07:08 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by osin34
hahaha Sine, you totally might have been right? it def was something to do with fuel, but im not sure it was the gascap..
Yeah, no, you're right, it's WAY more likely that you got a loose gas cap code from the cold weather rather than from an improperly tightened gas cap. It's just a coincidence that the CEL actually went off after you followed my advice.

Dumbo.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:45 AM
2nd Gear

lol no it didnt! it stayed on.. for like at least an hour after i took your advice Sine.. but thennnn it went off..

you were prolly right..... lol and how the HELL do you guys all do smileys?! i wanna do smileys too damnit

Old 01-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by osin34
lol no it didnt! it stayed on.. for like at least an hour after i took your advice Sine.. but thennnn it went off..

you were prolly right..... lol and how the HELL do you guys all do smileys?! i wanna do smileys too damnit
scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click the smilies link,

lol

edit: for the record, took me 4 months to figure that out so don't feel too bad hahahah

Quick Reply: got a code.. not sure what the problem is?