B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

got a CEL :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 08:50 AM
1st Gear

Similar thing happened to me. Car sounded like ***, blinking CEL, etc. Cylinder 3 misfire, with I believe random misfires after I scanned. I turned my car off, and it went away. I thought I was out of the woods. Turns out a few hours later it came back. My problem was the ICM if that helps you out at all.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jc61990
i saw codes p0303 p0304 p0300 i misfired on cyl 3,4 and had multiple random, and there was another but i forgot i cleard the codes and ill see if they come back within in a few miles or so.

edit: forgot to ask, is there an equavlant to vag-com pc software that is free... totally free, not a limited use version. the vag-com i have is the free one, it tells me the codes, but says regester to see the description. so is there somethign out there i can use instead to see codes without having to pay 100$

This software is free
http://www.autoenginuity.com/

Only thing is you have to pay for the cable. I'm using this on my dell axim and im able to clear codes etc..and some other cool ****.

I just bought a serial to DTC cable to see if it'll work on my laptop with this software. When I receive it ill let you know