B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Give up on the Cruise Control :(.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Default Give up on the Cruise Control :(.

Well I have replaced the switch, the control module, checked the cruise pump and bellow thing to make sure there were no leaks and still nothing. Also checked to make sure the rod thing is hooked up to the throttle. After I replaced the module my speed would not hold, but I did feel a slight resistance in the gas pedal after I set the cruise and sped back up past where I set it. Fuse is ok and brake switch appears fine as well. Only thing ???? Clutch switch? I can't believe this sob cruise will not work. 120 miles a day for work sucks . Any other options or ideas? I have tore apart the threads.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:05 PM
3rd Gear

wow - sorry to say it looks like you've covered everything. I hate our cruise.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:16 PM

Yeah wtf is up with that.... I always check the service boards to see if Audi is going to add any recalls but I highly doubt it... Oh well don't need cruise that bad although driving over 100 mi would suck.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 PM

Yea I am used to it but it would really be nice to have it fixed after all that. It's prolly some electrical gremlin or something that would be hard to diagnose. I thought for sure it would either be the pump, module or a line leaking.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Exclamation

Sorry to pull this from the dead files but finally found the "problems" with my cruise....$300 later after giving up checking and replacing items, I took it in to an Audi mechanic. First thing was the module. It indeed ended up being bad so replacing that was a good thing. My switch was also bad, but the used one I swapped it out with was bad as well. The resume function does not work. Main problem was the actuator rod/baffle system in the engine compartment. On the end was a small black plastic ball sleeve and it was broke. So, it was not engaging. The one item I inspected but I did not remove from the vehicle. $62 part. Ugh....Sob!

Total cost---$425 excess parts and labor. I have cruise but my resume still does not work until I buy another switch/stalk unit. I think I'm done with the cruise for a bit. Now I'm on to the stupid pcv froth issue/suction pump and valve gasket. After that she'll be perky t#$s again . No offense intended.