B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Fun while it lasted...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:38 AM
4th Gear
Default Fun while it lasted...

Doc says everything is fine with my foot now, so I'm headed back to Iraq tomorrow. It was great catching up with everyone, cracking some jokes, and watching Phil get into an arguement with everyone. Hopefully I can acquired some new parts while I'm gone without blowing the family vacation fund and turn my little B5 into a true beast when I get back...

BTW, a little reminder for Phil (and anyone who argues with Phil): Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded!

Hope the Spring Meet in the northeast is a blast and you get plenty of turn out. I'm sure between AF, AZ, and Vortex, plus friends of friends of friends within the VAG, you guys can get the cops involved at least once... (epic fail if no cops are involved).

I'll try to check in every once and awhile, but the net over there sucks ***, and this sight has a hard time loading. Otherwise, I'll be back around August with some nice warm weather to wrench on the car with... Self Therapy car care FTW!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 AM
4th Gear

Take care and be Safe.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:05 AM
2nd Gear

Nice talking to you! Good luck and take care. Talk to you when u return.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:11 AM
4th Gear

Mike, you're going to give me a huge military/ Iraq vet (4 times) discount on a nice shiny new turbo set up when I get back right? I'm thinking for free, and I'll slap on a ringer-racing bumper sticker. You can write it off on your taxes as advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Guru

Keep your head low brother!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:52 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
Mike, you're going to give me a huge military/ Iraq vet (4 times) discount on a nice shiny new turbo set up when I get back right? I'm thinking for free, and I'll slap on a ringer-racing bumper sticker. You can write it off on your taxes as advertisement
LOL. Let me know when you get back and I will see how much money I can save you.

Funny thing is normal customers are running my sticker all over the world.

I just wish I could afford to get my car up and running again.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:59 AM
4th Gear

WHAT!?! The Baby Blue Bullet is out of commission? That sucks big time. Don't worry, I'll hit you up when I get back. I have to take care of the important stuff first, I know I need at least one new outer CV boot, about due for a TB change, CA and TRE. After that, I want to get some decent coilovers, and some better wheels, add the A8 brake kit, then it will be time to beef up the power plant with some goodie goodies!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Keep your head down and try not to get your *** shot off Thank you for keepin the rest of use safe!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:20 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
WHAT!?! The Baby Blue Bullet is out of commission? That sucks big time. Don't worry, I'll hit you up when I get back. I have to take care of the important stuff first, I know I need at least one new outer CV boot, about due for a TB change, CA and TRE. After that, I want to get some decent coilovers, and some better wheels, add the A8 brake kit, then it will be time to beef up the power plant with some goodie goodies!
Been down(well up on jack stands) for almost a year after I broke 2 transmissions within a few weeks of each other. Transmissions for 150hp cars dont like it when you throw 800hp thru them. lol

Old 02-25-2010, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

I don't know you, but be safe.

Quick Reply: Fun while it lasted...