B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Fuel tank won't let me squirt

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 08:41 PM
2nd Gear
Default Fuel tank won't let me squirt

Fuel inside at full tilt, like I have to barely squeeze the nozzle or it shuts off and acts like it's full.

Anyone got any ideas?

Old 11-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Legal Moderator

no squirt, huh? you gotta fiddle with the nozzle as much as possible. sometimes I let the nozzle barely hang inside the hole and let it rest there. it's a tricky procedure, but I usually cant get mine to squirt either if the nozzle is fully inside.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:22 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by redline380
no squirt, huh? you gotta fiddle with the nozzle as much as possible. sometimes I let the nozzle barely hang inside the hole and let it rest there. it's a tricky procedure, but I usually cant get mine to squirt either if the nozzle is fully inside.
Yeah I just filled up and for some reason turning the nozzle 45 degrees helped me get more power in the squirt so it was easier to fill her up with that wet stuff. Still can't go full tilt but maybe thats because she's a classy lady idk.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Legal Moderator

it's really all about the angle of the dangle and whatever works for ya. I get good results only inserting the nozzle 1/4 the way and letting it hang there. apparently you get good results while rotating the nozzle. sounds just as tricky as inserting only a 1/4 way, though.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:13 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by redline380
it's really all about the angle of the dangle and whatever works for ya. I get good results only inserting the nozzle 1/4 the way and letting it hang there. apparently you get good results while rotating the nozzle. sounds just as tricky as inserting only a 1/4 way, though.
Well not all nozzles are made the same, so 1/4 for you could be 5/8 for me and I just dont have much to spare.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Legal Moderator

Originally Posted by DOC_DEPALMA
Well not all nozzles are made the same, so 1/4 for you could be 5/8 for me and I just dont have much to spare.
tell me about it. its a good thing that diesel nozzles have much more girth than a gas nozzle so girls don't try filling up with them. i suppose they could force it in (some are dumb like that), but in the end they'd just and up devaluing the car. I'd never buy a gas car that some girl tried fitting a diesel nozzle into. It basically renders the car worthless, except in extremely rare circumstances, like a demolition derby

Old 11-22-2013, 08:56 AM
2nd Gear

I can't put the nozzle all the way in my tank either. The first time I tried that, it kept cutting off as if it were full, then I noticed fuel was leaking down the quarter panel. I don't know what the deal is with this issue. I thought I was the only one, but apparently not. 1/4 - 1/2 way seems to work fine, so I've stuck with that ever since w/o any problems.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Certified

Spiders like to hide there eggs in the fuel vents inside the wheel well causing excessive pressure when using a sealed gas filler nozzle.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Legal Moderator

Originally Posted by M5S5
Spiders like to hide there eggs in the fuel vents inside the wheel well causing excessive pressure when using a sealed gas filler nozzle.
could you use pressure from the nozzle to knock these eggs out of place? If so, what is the exact procedure? I've heard that eggs dislike the squirt from the nozzle, but if you can only put the nozzle in a quarter of the way, it shouldn't bother the eggs I would think.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Certified

The eggs have to be pulled out. They stick pretty good with the spider webbing material.

Quick Reply: Fuel tank won't let me squirt