B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Front right lower control arm GONE

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:32 AM
1st Gear
Default Front right lower control arm GONE

Yea I ruined my car after I lowered it. Yesterday the whole front right side was riding on the front right tire. I guess I need a new lower control arm right?

Before that it was squeeking SO LOUD I shouldve known better. Oh well I am an idiot. Is their anything else I should look for/order?

Theres some blue stuff leaking from the front right side...looks like windshield wiper fluid so I guess its no biggie unless I am wrong.

V-MAxx are alright, a little too bouncy & plus I have been dealing with the squeekyness of the bad control arm so I dont know how it is under normal circumstances....Anyway, if anyone can gimme there 2 cents Id appreciate it!!

&& Oh yea, aas soon as I fix everything, I will def. post pics!!

Old 08-01-2009, 11:43 AM
5th Gear

what? in your harried state you have lost your ability to type lol. of course the front right side is going to ride on the right tire. what else will it ride on? if your front CAs creak, try lubing them up with grease, grease gun and a grease needle. blue stuff is most likely windshield wiper fluid.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

lol im all messed up man. Should i order 2 lower control arms? Does it mater if its the left side or right side? Like should I order 2 of the same product? I see this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-A...Q5fAccessories

I dont know man, I am depressed about things with the car right now....ughh...I swear no more mods or anything. I am DONE.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:57 PM
2nd Gear

Hiwords, I think he was saying the tire was rubbing on the front right side of the CA.

Audib5971, wish I could help man, but I'm not too suspension savvy yet. Keep your chin up. Remember, normal guys like us built these cars, so with a little sweat, a few tools, some common sense and patience we should be able to put them back together.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:07 PM
3rd Gear

This has happened to me to both sides. I relaced them with Febi/Bilstein control arms and they've been doing a pretty good job. I don't know about those ebay ones.. I wouldn't trust them with a lowered car at least. The ones I got were around $100 each. Maybe you should just get a pair for when the other one goes because it likely will. Post some pictures of the car.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:17 PM
1st Gear

I ordered my left upper arms from blauparts for $75 each. They were the OCEPs and they were pretty beefy. Very solid and the car rides fine. I believe they were having a sale when I ordered them though. I replaced the left front axle as well for $80, also from blau.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:18 PM
3rd Gear

^ I have the OCAP's as well, very happy with them. Blauparts is a great site especially if you are in a pinch. You should have your parts in no time. Good luck with the repairs.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

I ordered 2 lower control arms from that ebay store and I dunno Im going to see what happens. When I got my coilovers installed the mechanics told me about it, but I didnt think it would leave me on the side of the road. It TORE up my tire and even a little off the frame (luckily underneath the tire so not visible).

Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys, I just wanted my car to look nice and it just hasn't been my week.

I will DEFINITELY post pics if I get this thing up and running like normal. Its a real nice looking A4.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 PM
3rd Gear

like that saying about an ounce of prevention goes:an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

It sucks when something like this happens because you probably could have avoided it. Its good you are still alive and able to talk about it, is the most important thing.

There are mixed reviews about the Ebay units. I don't trust most **** being sold on eBay anyway. I hope they work out for you.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:38 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDrunk
like that saying about an ounce of prevention goes:an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

It sucks when something like this happens because you probably could have avoided it. Its good you are still alive and able to talk about it, is the most important thing.

There are mixed reviews about the Ebay units. I don't trust most **** being sold on eBay anyway. I hope they work out for you.
Thanks man, I hope so too. yea i am grateful i am alive, I was literally 2 seconds from getting on the high way ramp when I felt like the front tire was flat.

the ebay guy seemed real cool & offered me a whole new front CA kit for cheap but I told him Im too broke right now and just want the 2 new lower CA units. Should have them by wednesday. I will keep it posted. && it was *front LEFT not right thats messed up.

Quick Reply: Front right lower control arm GONE