B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Front mount and yet another bov/dv question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 09:19 PM
1st Gear
Default Front mount and yet another bov/dv question

Why dont I see front mounts on here very much..I was going to pick up a godspeed front mount..Any ideas.

Also I read the bov/dv thread and Im still confused..Can I vent? Is it ok to vent. Wtf is the difference in a dv over a bov..

All I want is something vented that wont make my car run like crap..I tried venting the stock dv but ran like crap and didnt boost very high.

I built turbo cars before but nothing with this dv bs.

Someone please help

Also how much boost is the stock dv good for.

Last edited by 99a4wagon; 08-22-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Guru

ok, there are fmic all over this site, i have the ebay cxracing one.... it is ok, but not the best..... just find one that covers your power needs and go from there...... but if you are stock there is no real need

as for the dv/bov..... you can't vent your dv, or shouldn't.... if you want to cap the tip and try that..... as for a bov you can run it, but if stock no real need again.... it will make you sound faster than you are, or kind of ricey... that being said i have the forge 004, but i am running a bigger turbo

a bov will also make you run rich between shift and could make your car run a bit crappier if not installed correctly

Old 08-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Slut

Front mounts are for *** clowns
and Tial BOVs ftw

Old 08-22-2010, 10:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
ok, there are fmic all over this site, i have the ebay cxracing one.... it is ok, but not the best..... just find one that covers your power needs and go from there...... but if you are stock there is no real need

as for the dv/bov..... you can't vent your dv, or shouldn't.... if you want to cap the tip and try that..... as for a bov you can run it, but if stock no real need again.... it will make you sound faster than you are, or kind of ricey... that being said i have the forge 004, but i am running a bigger turbo

a bov will also make you run rich between shift and could make your car run a bit crappier if not installed correctly

Im chipped running 24 psi on a a6 turbo..Or at least thats the turbo I was told I had.

Im going to get godspeed ic.. My power plans are bigger turbo but nothing major because I want to keep it reliable.

I love the sound of a bov but like the sound of a good running car better..

Whats the purpose to running an aftermarket dv..I read the stock dvs tend to leak boost..Mine whistles like a **** after 20psi which makes me thinking im leaking boost.

Ok say I get a intercooler and flange one of the pipes for a greddy type s and adjust the spring so I dont leak boost on idle..What do i do with the 2 lines the dv hooks to..Block them off. Will it idle ok.

I also read a aftermarket dv with a cone filter you can hear the pressure release. Do you have a link for a cone filter install?.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Actual WIZARD

Just fyi, the stock dv is open at idle, so the car will run like crap, and venting with a good bov will make you buck/backfire/miss when you shift, due to the insanely rich condition. For the love of all things VW, please get a split-r

Old 08-23-2010, 12:02 AM
4th Gear

Very correct, the stock DV is open at stock and this means unmetered air if the outlet side of the DV is left open.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:58 AM
1st Gear

Ok so how do you benefit from an aftermarket dv..And what about the cone filter setup..Is there a write up because there's a lot of sensors on the intake.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:19 AM
Actual WIZARD

Aftermarket dvs hold boost. Stock stuff will only hold up to a stock scenario. As for the cone filter, youre gonna need a heat shield probably, and really all you do is remove the airbox, and attach the filter to the maf. Its real simple.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh7wGZMyUR4
This is zakarios A4 with the split-r, and as you can see it works fine

Old 08-23-2010, 10:18 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Keegan0103
Aftermarket dvs hold boost. Stock stuff will only hold up to a stock scenario. As for the cone filter, youre gonna need a heat shield probably, and really all you do is remove the airbox, and attach the filter to the maf. Its real simple.
Thanks for all the help..Do you got a link for the split r so I can buy..So I can go to autozone and get a cone filter to fit. Thats it.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 AM
1st Gear
Default Bov , dbov

a lot go with the forge splitter it is good but I choose to go with the GFB Stealth DBOV as it is easier to use out of AU google it.
nothing wrong with venting air as the sound is great......
will not harm anything......

Quick Reply: Front mount and yet another bov/dv question