B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:18 AM
1st Gear
Default Fog Lights

I need some fog lights because my a4 '99 didnt come with them and i want to find out if there are any wires to connect them inside the car. i know all of fog lights when you buy got wires, but are there any in the car already installed or something coz i cant find any...

Old 04-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Fog Lights

Your car has fogs built into the headlight assemblies, but if you want them mounted down low in the airdam, you can watch eBay and the classifieds here for someone selling a set of OEM fogs. They're easy to wire up too - there's a green or green/white wire (I don't recall which but it's the only green one in the bunch) in the headlight harness. The harness is plugged into the rear of each headlight housing, on the outer, lower corner. That green wire is the foglight trigger wire. Mount your fogs (whether they're aftermarket or OEM), and run a pair of wires up to the headlight harness. Using T-taps, tap into the green wire of the harness for one wire, and the black (ground) for the other, and you'll be able to use your factory fog switch for the new foglights. I'd unplug the fogs inside the headlight though, since running four bulbs on a circuit that has a fuse rated for the current draw of two bulbs may end up cooking the fuse.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:38 AM
1st Gear

yeah i have those fog lights inside the headlights but they suck and basically dont really help and i want put something under the bumper. i dont really care what kind of fog lights are they OEM or any other brand but they would be good and help me.
BTW does anyone know where i could get new headlights as well, not HIDs but they would be blue or light blue(low beam)??i have blue headlighs but i they are kinda old.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Administrator

You can get whatever fogs you want and wire them up like I described, and you'll be able to run them with the factory switch. As for low beams, go with HIDs - there is nothing else out there that can compare. Get something in the line of 6000k and you'll get great output and visibility with a tinge of blue.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:02 PM
1st Gear

do you know where i could get them cheap?? on ebay all of them are aftermarket and the cheapest ones are about $250 plus shipping.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:14 PM
5th Gear

vvme. they have an ebay store too, which turns out to be a little cheaper than if you buy it from their website.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:18 PM
1st Gear

in my opinion dont even bother with new headlight assembly's because if you just get the hid kit then its fine. unless your looking for a new look and hids , but hids would be the best to go with and have great light output even in the stock assembly. my question to this is that you can buy the fogs off ebay but the bumper doesnt have the hole in the air ducts for them so where would get the entire thing without spending alot of money

Old 04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

I have a question about the built in fogs. I have two switches on my dash, but only one does anything visible. I can turn on the fogs, or I can hit the one next to the fog switch which activates both switches. The fogs come on, but I dont notice anything new with the other swtich.

I dont mean to jack a thread, but what does that other switch do? Has it got anything to do with foglights?

Cory

Old 04-29-2008, 02:48 PM
1st Gear

that other switch is for your rear fog(s). if you turn that on and go to the back end there should be a light that is I believe the third one down. it just happens to turn the front fogs on as well because that's where the break light mod comes into play

Old 04-29-2008, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

i took a look around in ebay and i found these HID headlights bulbs but idk if i can put those in because i dont have HID's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blue-...spagenameZWDVW
This is the address for lightbulbs

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/EPSN1427.jpg
My headlights

Quick Reply: Fog Lights