B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

FMIC + P/S Cooler install *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 02:42 PM
2nd Gear

nice, i like how no piping is showing past the bumper. thats whats stopping me from goin with an ebay intercooler. a bunch i see have the pipes sticking out of the bumper side grilles. but your install is clean.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:11 PM
4th Gear

I wish mine went that easy. Mine I was cutting the bumper support (THAT was a pain!) and then hacked the inside of the bumper up a lot too.

Josh

Old 11-08-2008, 03:18 PM

congrats on the install, it does look way clean. hope it works good for your k04.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:29 PM

yeah, it should be fine for my set-up....

and yes, I am soo happy I went with such a small core, I really didn't want to hack the **** out of my bumper...although I was prepared to...

one of the main reasons that I went with such a small setup is because I didn't want it to look sloppy and out of place, I have definitely seen a ton of intercooler setups where the piping swings super wide and almost comes out of the bumper itself...and I have also seen where people try to make a bigger opening by cutting out the center divider and making one big opening in the middle...

I am in cali, and I really didn't want to make a super attention getter...mainly because I don't want a fixit for my cone filter and hfc....

Old 11-09-2008, 01:58 PM
1st Gear

was that a fmic kit that you purchased or just peiced together on ebay? also what exactly is the point of getting an aftermarket p/s cooler?

Old 11-09-2008, 02:58 PM

Looks great. I'm not a big fan of the huge intercoolers that are sticking out of the bumper either.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:00 PM

^yeah dude, i think if I had to hack the **** out of my front bumper I would be forced to order an S4 front....luckily I didn't, since I don't really have the spare cash for aesthetics right now...

Originally Posted by SouRce4
was that a fmic kit that you purchased or just peiced together on ebay? also what exactly is the point of getting an aftermarket p/s cooler?
I am building this car primarily to Auto-X, a guy from audiworld (bitjockey) tracks his car and a couple years ago he boiled his power steering fluid, which in turn seized the pump, sending bits of pump into the rack....I installed the p/s cooler so that I wont have to worry about it....

this was not a kit exactly....I bought the piping kit from CRX and then I bought the smallest fmic I could find...

from there I had everything I needed, so I cut the piping the way I wanted it and it was ready for install...

Old 11-09-2008, 06:34 PM
1st Gear

looks good robert, did you get that ecu in yet?? hows that baby running? im dieing with that stock chip ....

Old 11-09-2008, 07:19 PM
2nd Gear

very clean install, hows that working with your k04? Able to have the fog lights in still with this setup?

Old 11-09-2008, 07:59 PM

^my fog lights are inside my headlights...the older a4's didn't have bumper fogs...working fine with the ko4, but I am not running pc-16...i am waiting on my fpr to come in the mail...

Originally Posted by poserbiker
looks good robert, did you get that ecu in yet?? hows that baby running? im dieing with that stock chip ....
yo justin...still waiting on my fpr...and then I gotta smog...it'll be all together at the end of this week *fingers crossed*... the car is running 100%, everything feels great...I will let you know when it's all together...are you getting close to your t3t4 install?...

Quick Reply: FMIC + P/S Cooler install *pics*