B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

FMIC and 6K HIDs pics!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 06:27 PM
1st Gear
Default FMIC and 6K HIDs pics!

Name:  100_0955.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  77.9 KB

after a lot of frustration and cutting the FMIC finally fits decently. i think i am going to have to relocate my power steering coolant lines because they are hanging down enough to push on the lower valence and i dont want to get them caught on a speed bump. the HID kit install was CAKE. ordered them from VVME and i got them in a week! after reading about all the late orders and different bulb colors i was getting scared....

oh and i also got a new euro-plate....i know i'm going to get flammed for it, but what can i say i have pretty much lived in the south all my life, therefore i'm soooouuuthern

Name:  100_0956.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  61.4 KB

Old 07-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Default RE: FMIC and 6K HIDs pics!

man alive, i know what you went through on the FMIC.. it's worth it though! looks great

Old 07-05-2008, 09:53 PM
1st Gear

the other thing you want to worry about vvme is their ballasts, try to locate them in low-heat areas. the passenger side one that I have near my intake area is already starting to go bad and I've had it less than 2 months. the other one I have located between the abs and p/s res is doing fine.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:17 PM
5th Gear

one place you can put it that's a low heat area is between the fender and engine bay. there's like a post one the passenger side after you take out the headlight where you can ziptie the ballast down. i had to do that on this one dude's 1.8t because he had stock intake and nowhere else to put it lol.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 1781cc

the other thing you want to worry about vvme is their ballasts, try to locate them in low-heat areas. the passenger side one that I have near my intake area is already starting to go bad and I've had it less than 2 months. the other one I have located between the abs and p/s res is doing fine.
thanks for the heads up! i actually have it strapped down to the bumper support post right under the air intake box...i may move it now. the other one is strapped to the old intercoolers spot.

i was driving down the road and came to a stoplight...light turned green so i floored and BOOM! one of the hoses came undone so i drove like 25mph back home and reconnected it....i dont think i tightened it down to begin with! doh!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:16 PM
3rd Gear

Looks good. Which FMIC did you go with? Have any ideas for the lower grills?

Old 07-05-2008, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Tweaked

Looks good. Which FMIC did you go with? Have any ideas for the lower grills?
i bought the FMIC used from elitetuning1. i think its an ebay one. as far as the grill goes i am going to try and find some kind of mesh that will match the grill and paint it the same color...i think i am going to paint the pipes black too.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:48 AM
5th Gear

put some hair spray at the end of the hoses and then clamp them down. i hope you're using t-clamps as they work the best. as for the mesh, a home improvement store will have it. do it and then post up more pix

Old 07-06-2008, 02:36 AM
2nd Gear

The one thing that i like about the racetec is that you can mount it withouth taking out the lower grills. But looks reall good.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:00 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: thepirate
i was driving down the road and came to a stoplight...light turned green so i floored and BOOM! one of the hoses came undone so i drove like 25mph back home and reconnected it....i dont think i tightened it down to begin with! doh!
that happened to me about 3-4 times before I just tightened everything down to the breaking point, then I got t-bolts. This is why t-bolt clamps are best, since in order to prevent the hoses from coming off with normal screw clamps you pretty much have to almost break them. You can clamp t-bolts as far as they'll go without sweating it.

Quick Reply: FMIC and 6K HIDs pics!