B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Firewall suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

It depends what stereo you have. The illumination wire is behind the stereo you will need DIN tools to remove it. If you have an aftermarket stereo it is usually an orange wire with a white stripe. If you cant find either you can hook it up to the switch on the column.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:12 PM
1st Gear

I didnt re-route any vac lines i just spliced into the one that has the t-fitting in the picture. Its between the intake manifold and what i belive is the FPR.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:15 PM
1st Gear
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by srlito
It depends what stereo you have. The illumination wire is behind the stereo you will need DIN tools to remove it. If you have an aftermarket stereo it is usually an orange wire with a white stripe. If you cant find either you can hook it up to the switch on the column.
i still have the stock stereo.. do u hav any pics of the inside? like where to look when feeding the line inside?? do you have to unscrew anything on the steering column to get to it? sorry for all the questions.. lol i want to do this right the first time...

Old 07-18-2009, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

Once you find the hole just stick it in. As for the steering column im not exactly sure as i have never done it. I know on my 90CS its just 2 screws and the top of the column comes off. You could always look under the column and see if there are any screws. And when you get it off splice the ground wire on the light switch otherwise the light will be on all the time.

I run everything that i need off the illumination from the stereo with a relay. You wouldnt need to go that indepth just running the led from the gauge; i just have a few things running off of it and the would not get the required power if i didnt run a relay.

Let me know if im making sense.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:26 PM
1st Gear
Lightbulb

I didnt re-route any vac lines i just spliced into the one that has the t-fitting in the picture. Its between the intake manifold and what i belive is the FPR.
is FPR fuel pressure regulator? just wana make sure im on the right track.. & what does the stock FPR look like? i think i see another vac line that goes to some metal line that runs along the trim (left fender) on the driver side, but im not sure.. is that t-fitting the one that came with your boost gauge kit? i think i need more length of vacuum hose, i only got 2 feet... =\

Old 07-18-2009, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

You can splice into any line that is going straight into the intake manifold. The t-fitting didnt come with my kit i got it at autozone for a dollar or so.

FPR is Fuel Pressure Regulator. and the stock one looks like the one i connected my gauge to. the vac line that goes to it is the closest to the cabin and the easiest to get to.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:56 PM
1st Gear
Lightbulb

You can splice into any line that is going straight into the intake manifold. The t-fitting didnt come with my kit i got it at autozone for a dollar or so.

FPR is Fuel Pressure Regulator. and the stock one looks like the one i connected my gauge to. the vac line that goes to it is the closest to the cabin and the easiest to get to.
ok, i am going to attempt to install the gauge... thanks for all the info!! if i get stuck, ill be back...... lol

Old 07-18-2009, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

ok, good luck. Its not too hard. Do you have the one that goes in the center vent?

Old 07-19-2009, 05:56 PM
1st Gear
Lightbulb

ok, good luck. Its not too hard. Do you have the one that goes in the center vent?
damn, i cant see where its coming through inside.. & i get frustrated fast working in this ridiculous heat.. lol i have the one that goes on the steering column by VDO.. do u hav the center vent one?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:10 PM
1st Gear

No, mine is mounted on the A frame. dont worry where it comes out just keep feeding it through.

Quick Reply: Firewall suggestions