B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Finally finishing my trim wrap (pictures inside)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Looking awesome bro! I love the pattern. I'm going to finish my interior as soon as I get over and pick up the rest of the suede that I need. I want to do the armrest too but when I started separating it I felt like I was going to break it. Gotta get back at that - did you use heat to separate the upholstered part from the inside of the lid?

Old 07-29-2009, 01:23 PM
2nd Gear

haha nope i just did it over it man! Dont separate it just go over and after playing with it you can make a nice stretch over it so you cant even tell that you have anything under. By the way thanks for the idea to use spray glue. Works like a charm it was very easy!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Administrator

No problem and yeah it does work great. What I meant was in the 5th pic of your first post in this thread. How did you separate the two halves of the console lid without breaking the under-portion of the lid?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 PM
1st Gear

Im new with all this ****, just got an 1996 Audi A4, that looks pretty sick, where do you get decent fabric for it, and is it easy to do. Have a 2.8 quattro 5spd. not sure if its worth putting much into it, only paid 2800 with 93k miles

Old 07-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Any fabric store has a lot of options and even walmart or ac Moore can help. Mine is all in black suede from Joann fabrics. It's definitely worth it. Not too tough to do although time consuming, and you got a raging deal on a low mile car so why not make it your own and change things up?

Old 07-30-2009, 03:14 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah man, that is a good deal! As long as its mechanically set I'd start throwing money at the show side of things. No offense to any 2.8s, but thats really all you can do. Nothing wrong with low and slow and lookin good though.

(slow is a realtive term though, they still haul.)

Old 07-30-2009, 07:10 AM

LMAO low and slow is where it's at. Yeah thats a sick deal you got.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:31 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
How did you separate the two halves of the console lid without breaking the under-portion of the lid?
Im assuming that your talking about hand rest in the middle... It was fairly easy to be honest. 3 Screws and then took a flat head to the corners and plied it open one by one. Its putting it back together thats pain in the *** because you have extra fabric there and you need extra room to have it all shut and snug but if you screw it all back together the clamps will come along just fine otherwise they will keep poppin off

Old 07-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I went to separate mine and it's screwed, snap-tabbed, and glued as well and it was straining hard. I didn't want to break it. I'll put a heat gun on it this time and get it done. I skinned armrests from an A4 and a Passat but neither were glued and yeah I know what you mean about dealing with the extra material. Brute force and ignorance helps at that stage

Old 07-30-2009, 11:56 AM
2nd Gear

Jeremy i did the small trim piece on the drivers side but i couldnt get to the big long one that has quattro on it. I wanted to know how hard is it to take it off and if there are any special steps i should take to make that piece easy to get to and remove it...

Quick Reply: Finally finishing my trim wrap (pictures inside)