B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Finally APR Tuned!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:17 PM
2nd Gear
Default Finally APR Tuned!

Finally took advantage of the APR Octoberfest sale and got tuned.. got a whole new love for the 1.8t now! wastegate rod on my car has been loose since i got the thing.. and havnt taken the time to tear it down to tighten things up but i wish i had cause its robbing me of consistant kick *** boost.. ill have to do a preventative boost leak check to make sure nothings bad as far as that goes but im loving the new power.. since the wastegate is messin with me i get up to 18 sometimes.. mostly 15ish tho.. plus it tends to come on a little late.. car runs amazingly smooth paired with new regapped NGKs.. just wanted to share guys..

Old 10-19-2009, 07:18 PM

chipping ftw

do you have the different springs and spacers for your dv?

Old 10-19-2009, 08:04 PM

Was wondering how much a tune normally runs?

Old 10-19-2009, 09:42 PM
3rd Gear

$300 - $800

Old 10-19-2009, 10:46 PM
2nd Gear

yea Union i got the different springs for it.. as far as i know the spring i put in it is good to go for this amount of boost.. but maybe i should look into it more? and yea this tune for my car (DBC AEB engine, prefacelift) is normally 400 from APR.. i dont have a need really for the other options so i got 50 bucks off which pretty much paid for the new plugs and whatnot.. car sounds pretty mean with the exhaust and all! i wanna take some drive by videos and stuff.. its gettin close to winter weather here, already have had snow just hasnt stuck so ill try to get on it in the next few days

Old 10-20-2009, 09:18 AM
4th Gear

Looked like a lot of snow Sunday down in Foxboro when the Pats were busy beating up the Titans... Guess that snowstorm didn't make it up that way...

Congrats on the tune and the new found love...

Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 AM
5th Gear

WOW. you've literally been talking about a chip for years and you finally did it. so what are you going to do about that waste gate? i'd fix it asap or i'd get pissed at myself.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:29 PM
2nd Gear

haha yea its weird usually we get twice as much as down in mass with storms like that but we literally got none of it.. just the ski areas and a little at my house but nothing in the valley.. haha but thanks for the love.. worth every penny and more..

haha Hiwords ive been planning this day out forever youre right finally said hell with it and made the move.. couldnt wait any longer.. but yea the wastegate is buggin the helllll outta me now that i know i could have so much more than even what i got now.. the car really feels good but the rattling mixed with the power i know i could have is gettin to me.. thing that sucks is i dont have the time ever.. or place to get inside heated and tear everything down to get to it.. im really not sure HOW much id have to get outta the way to get to it.. but id hate to pay my mechanic the labor of doing it.. but i almost dont know what else to do.. open to ideas for sure.. anybody?

Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 PM
3rd Gear

to get to the wg? its a bunch of stuff but its not too hard. you have to remove the whole airbox, the turbo intake pipe, unhook the DV, you can do it without removing the headlight but it makes it easier to get in there. the wg should now be less hard to get to.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:26 PM
2nd Gear

wow thats alot less painstaking than what i thought it would be.. got the KnN open air filter in there so the airbox issue isnt as bad.. but that other stuff is pretty easy stuff to get out and in.. thanks alot ghost im gunna jump on this

Quick Reply: Finally APR Tuned!