B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...
View Poll Results: To fill or not to fill??
Fill and smooth
80.00%
leave as is
20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

To fill or not to fill??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 04:09 AM
2nd Gear
Default To fill or not to fill??

So I finally got my new front bumper and it is a copy of a Kerscher and I was very pleased with the quality of the bumper. I ordered it from bodykits.com and the shipping, customer service and quality were all good. For most of you that do not know my car was hit earlier this year so it is finally coming back together.

Here is my question. I have mixed feelings about the three side vents that are on the kit and have not been able to decide if I want to have them filled and smoothed or not. It does match the side vents on the Kerscher side skirts I am running, (check sig) but again I like the subtleness as well.

Let me know what you think as the car is going into the shop on Monday for paint, and a few other things as well .......... ....... Even though the picture shows a euro plate on the Kerscher bumper, there is no indentation as it is smooth. This actually works out really well since NM does not require a front plate.

Here is a picture from LLTek but the bumper looks exactly the same, (I'll post some pictures of the actual bumper tomorrow):

If anyone has any photo shopping skills, could you fill and smooth the three side vents in the picture so I can get an idea? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fred2ka4; 08-09-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:44 AM
5th Gear

if you pm leifer, the master shall show you lol. i can't make up my mind either. i like the lip of the bumper though. exactly what i'm going for.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Site Moderator

If they served a purpose I'd say keep em, but because I like subtleness , and they don't really serve a purpose other than looks, I'd say fill n smooth. Or maybe it's just the yellow color I don't like. They look pretty good on your sig pic... Idk man... Tough.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 08-09-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:53 PM
2nd Gear

Does this help?? It didn't help me as much as I thought it would because they both look so good, it makes it hard to choose.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:05 PM
2nd Gear

I've always thought they look kinda goofy and sort of ricey but that's just me. I would fill them in as it looks about 100x better that way IMO. BTW, how is the quality of that bumper? Is it fiberglass only or a fiberglass/flex mix?

Old 08-09-2008, 02:21 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by cantdrive55
I've always thought they look kinda goofy and sort of ricey but that's just me. I would fill them in as it looks about 100x better that way IMO. BTW, how is the quality of that bumper? Is it fiberglass only or a fiberglass/flex mix?
The quality is very good. The bumper is made in house at Bodykits.com and it said it had a flex resin but it is NOT one of the plastic fiber glass mixes. When I received it I made the Fedex driver wait until I opened the box to check the bumper as I have heard horror stories about these bumpers coming with stress and spider cracks and people having to pay a lot more money to have the bumpers repaired before install.

The bumper came very well packed and looked very good upon inspection. I purchased the bumper from their ebay store which has a 100% feedback rating. I'll go and take a few pictures and have them up in about 30 minutes or so.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Site Moderator

I'm still pretty undecided. I might be leaning a little towards filling them still though.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:05 PM
2nd Gear

Part of me wants to leave it the way it is because it looked fine to me when I was running the Reiger front bumper and I think those vents stand out more than the Kerscher ones do.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:18 PM

I think filled in would flow better with the way your car is set up

Old 08-09-2008, 08:23 PM
2nd Gear

I think filled is what it will be as the more i look at the picture the more I like it. Thanks for all the input and continue to vote as Monday is D-day .........

Quick Reply: To fill or not to fill??