B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Exhaust..help?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 02:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Exhaust..help?!?!

so i have a 2000 a4 2.8 30v...i have a magnaflow muffler 14815 and i brought it to my normal audi tech today to have him weld it onto stock exhaust system. He said he cannot do the work because it would require a lot of bending and adapters to just put new muffler on because i have two CATS running into one muffler..

so basically i know others have run this muffler on my car so my question is how did you all do it or how should i go about getting this muffler on? I simply want it on without deleting resonators or anything so i thought it would be simple. ANyway any advice or help would be appreciated

Old 03-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Administrator

He's just being lazy. Any half-competent exhaust shop will be able to do it. There's only one pipe from the outlet side of the resonator onward, all they would have to do is cut off the old muffler, bend up a foot or two of aluminized pipe and weld that baby on there.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:05 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
He's just being lazy. Any half-competent exhaust shop will be able to do it. There's only one pipe from the outlet side of the resonator onward, all they would have to do is cut off the old muffler, bend up a foot or two of aluminized pipe and weld that baby on there.
haha thats what im hoping. Im going to take it to a couple other shops today and see. I just want it to be flush with bumper and get it tucked up in good with good hangers.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sbaer2
haha thats what im hoping. Im going to take it to a couple other shops today and see. I just want it to be flush with bumper and get it tucked up in good with good hangers.
Make sure you express that to the guy(s) doing the welding. If you just tell them to put it on and then walk away they'll put it on as fast and easy as possible.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:09 PM
1st Gear

Make sure you express that to the guy(s) doing the welding. If you just tell them to put it on and then walk away they'll put it on as fast and easy as possible.
SUCCESS! i found an exhaust shop and they got it on and tucked away good without an issue. I decided to leave the stock resonator but that will be getting replaced by either an ultra quiet or vibrant resonator soon. The new 14815 magnaflow sounds much cleaner but it is still not the bigger difference i wanted..so hopefully a newer resonator will help with the sound

Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Good. If you don't mind my asking, what did they charge you for it? I had a 2.5" Vibrant resonator but never put it on, sold it to offset the cost of my cat back instead. I believe Jeremy is running one though.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 PM
1st Gear

Good. If you don't mind my asking, what did they charge you for it? I had a 2.5" Vibrant resonator but never put it on, sold it to offset the cost of my cat back instead. I believe Jeremy is running one though.
well they were going to charge me 175 to run new straight piping from before stock resonator (aka delete stock resonator) and run that pipe into magnaflow but i thought it would sound bad so i decided to just run new pipe from behind stock resonator into magnaflow and that was $155. I wish i either deleted resonator or had purchased a vibrant resontaor or any resonator before hand because i am giong to order new resonator and just go back and have them put it on. The sound now is nice but not quite loud enough for me just yet