B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

ER B5 FMIC Competition kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:35 PM
4th Gear
Default ER B5 FMIC Competition kit

Hey guys I got a call from Fred at ER telling me that he is going to make a production run of B5 Competition Basic kits and asked ifI wanted to put together a sale for this production run. I would be able to offer an even better price then what we already offer on our site if we get enough people interested in buy the kits from the production run. Nice part is that it doesn't even have to be all that large of a group of people. I can offer a discount for 5-9 and a little more for 10-15 people. I cant post up the discounted prices but lets say its going to be more then the 10% off I already offer on our site which is $139.50 off retail price.

If you anyone is really interested please contact me.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:14 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: ER B5 FMIC Competition kit

Pm'd

Old 05-13-2008, 06:39 PM
2nd Gear

can we get a link to this FMIC?

Old 05-13-2008, 06:46 PM
1st Gear
Old 05-13-2008, 07:18 PM
2nd Gear

is it possible to get this kit with a smaller intercooler that wont be too big for the stock, k03 turbo? I will be going BT sooner or later, but i dont want to lose a lot of performance until then

Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AudiCross

is it possible to get this kit with a smaller intercooler that wont be too big for the stock, k03 turbo? I will be going BT sooner or later, but i dont want to lose a lot of performance until then
Even if he did a Sport it still wouldn't fit behind the stock bumper unless you do plenty of cutting.I have talked to ER about doing a Sport size fmic and he did seem interested in doing it.

Sorry here is the ER B5 Competition Kit on our site.

If you need something that will fit behind the stock B5 bumper I am also a dealer for Racetec which should have FMIC kits in stock again first thing in June.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:28 PM
SoCal Crew Member

So this doesnt work on a ko3 and it wont work with a "little" bit of bumper cutting only "a lot"?

Thats a shame cause i would have been on this for sure

Old 05-13-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm make believe

You should talk him into using a thinner tub and fin core from PWR or Forge so it would fit behind the bumper easier since they both use taller 2.5-3" cores. These cores will flow extremely nice and still be able to cool a stock-gt28xx turbo

Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: oettinger1919

So this doesnt work on a ko3 and it wont work with a "little" bit of bumper cutting only "a lot"?

Thats a shame cause i would have been on this for sure
Competition kit is rated at 600hp, soits about twice the size you need for a K03/K04.

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

You should talk him into using a thinner tub and fin core from PWR or Forge so it would fit behind the bumper easier since they both use taller 2.5-3" cores. These cores will flow extremely nice and still be able to cool a stock-gt28xx turbo

Greddy uses a tube/fin coretowork for a K03/K04 setup and it really doesn't fit behind a stock bumper without plenty of cutting, this is because the tube/fin core nees to bealmost twice as big to handle the same amount of air flow as abar/plate. The Racetec FMIC kit uses a bar/plate 2" thick core that fits behind the stock bumper and it can handle up to a GT28xx, but will heat soak pretty quicly because its really only rated for about 350hp.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I'm make believe

Im talking about a PWR or Forge cores. PWR has evo cores that more than handle than what anyone on here (besides yours of course) will need. They have some that are for 400 and then 700cfm that will be more than capable to handle a elim. They even have cores that can handle 900cfm and even 1300cfm. Then if you want something thinner, a forge core will be 2.37" thick which should really cut down on cutting and again be more than enough for a stock to gtrs.

BTW, the VW greddy cores are the same way, they use a tube and fin core for the smaller ic kit and then use a garrett style core for the larger kit. The t&f core is only good for about 300whp and above that it cant keep up. The bar and plate core works great even on a gt3071r and just past 400whp

Quick Reply: ER B5 FMIC Competition kit