B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Engineering Flaws Behind the 1.8T

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
Someone answer this for me... at what speed does a wing actually start to do what it's supposed to do?
Absolutely nothing! It's completely useless and more of a cosmetic thing. Even worse, FWD cars with spoilers do not benefit since the front of the car is doing the accelerating and the rear doesn't move at all. On RWD it should provide downward force but because most spoilers are mounted low beneath the roofline where the air is more turbulent, it actually creates drag. However, on real race cars, where they make real power, and the spoiler is mounted high where the air flow is smoother, it will still create drag, however the downward force provided to the rear wheels help keep it grounded and provide better control.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:30 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by worstaudieva
Maybe I actually get to give some advice.
If you've never had a wing on the back of your car, you don't know what you're missing with control at high speeds.
That wing sticks the car's *** to the pavement nicely.
Drove it without it and it's a huge difference.
Killed the 3rd light on the back dash as that lights up with led's.
Holy **** you are a idiot control at high speeds? your car is slow as **** and you need you car to stick to the ground better? get some better tires

Old 04-12-2011, 02:59 AM
1st Gear

I think a car that is 13 years old still out performing ones that are only 2 years old has something to say about its engine design.
To me the cars seem very State of the Art for their time.
Why don't you try putting yourself in Audi's shoes.
Id like to see you even try and design a work horse like the 1.8t.
Its a investment.
Every day i check at least one thing on my car or try to learn something new about it.
I'm 18 years old having to pay for college but i still haven't regret a single penny put into my car.
I think that goes with most people on here.
I'm sure it's frustrating but what good is coming on here posting something like this gonna do?
Other than show us your ignorance and neglect towards what is yours.
I feel sorry for your lady.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:33 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by underglow450
I feel sorry for your lady.
My new sig...

Old 04-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by worstaudieva
Maybe I actually get to give some advice.
If you've never had a wing on the back of your car, you don't know what you're missing with control at high speeds.
That wing sticks the car's *** to the pavement nicely.
Drove it without it and it's a huge difference.
Killed the 3rd light on the back dash as that lights up with led's.
Mr. worstaudieva, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
Mr. worstaudieva, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
AMEN, lets just lay this thread to rest

Old 04-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by Audisaurus
AMEN, lets just lay this thread to rest
Bump

Old 04-12-2011, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

Llmmmmfffffaaaooooo!!!! You seriously have no idea just exactly how dependable that 1.8t engine is!!! That car will last you over 300k if you just do the regular maintenance. Your probably one of those people who never take care of there car then go and complain that the car has a problem.. Lol

Old 04-13-2011, 04:21 PM
1st Gear

Let me just say that I’ve read that post from start to finish (A sad waste of time but I'm at work so I'm getting paid) and really the first rule to any engine is a oil change at 3k-5k. It really doesn’t matter who made it oil wears down and is less effective. Don’t change your oil with synthetic VW/Audi compliant oil at 3-5k and you will discover the world of sludge plain and simple. On Audi being a shitty car company I would say that’s not true. Do most Audi’s/VW’s need some maintenance that can be expensive? Well yeah.. but you have to think what you get when you have a Audi. You more likely than not get a quattro awd system that is one of the best in the world. You also get amazing engineering that is unsurpassed. The point of this rant is if you want a car that is simple and has less bells and whistles buy a Honda, Hyundai, Toyota or something like that. They are good cars I’ve owned each (4 Honda’s, 1 Hyundai and 1 Toyota).
But if you want something more, something that will take you and your family/friends/girl/dog/ down that road with tons of rain or snow or mud and feel completely safe…. Buy a Audi
Take care of your car and it will take care of you. I love my Audi and it pisses me off sometimes when I have to replace control arms or wheel bearings or strange electrical problems but I know that all and all it’s worth it because I would want to be stuck in a snow storm with anything else…

Old 04-13-2011, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by noubey27
Llmmmmfffffaaaooooo!!!! You seriously have no idea just exactly how dependable that 1.8t engine is!!! That car will last you over 300k if you just do the regular maintenance. Your probably one of those people who never take care of there car then go and complain that the car has a problem.. Lol
You mean you have to change the oil? I read on the internets that Audi uses lifetime oil. You just add more when the pretty light comes on.

Quick Reply: Engineering Flaws Behind the 1.8T