B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Engineering Flaws Behind the 1.8T

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 01:08 AM
1st Gear

Engineering Failure Example:
Lower door moldings with metal tracks.
FAIL

(Which I bet half of you commenting, haven't replaced with new plastic tracks. I crack the **** up when I see 50%+ of 97-01 B5's with hanging, missing or no door moldings. Start with replacing those before you start commenting here with somebody who has been through everything with Audi corporate including talking to Johan de Nysschen and all his flunkies.)

Old 04-10-2011, 01:10 AM
3rd Gear

Sell your Audi.
Buy a different car.
Stfu
Gtfo
????
Profit!

Old 04-10-2011, 01:20 AM
1st Gear

Not gonna stfu.
Not gonna gtfo.
My car looks and runs mint.
Tomorrow could be a WHOLE different day.
Unexpected and frequency of breakdown's is mindboggling.
And anytime it breaks down, it's probably going to be something over $1,000 to fix.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:29 AM
1st Gear

if you hate it so much, then just sell it and stfu
this thread is very unnecessary!!

Old 04-10-2011, 04:23 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by worstaudieva
Most of you idiots commenting to this have joined this forum within the last few months which means you're a new Audi owner...You'll see very soon what I'm talking about.

Flawless maintenance means synthetic oil changes EVERY 3,000 and everything else that makes a car run and look good.
No **** replacing timing belts is normal maintenance. When they snap before the manufacturer suggests, that's a problem.
The design of a ZERO tolerance timing belt is just the stupidest idea any engineer could ever have.
Everyone telling me about all other cars that have sludge problems, go look and see how many cars have a ZERO tolerance timing belt.
I've already been through that class action lawsuit, morons
The 1.8T if a Failure in Engineering and Audi would rather let their owners sue them than own up to engineering flaws.
OMG your car requires money every once in awhile to make it run WOW what a shocker let me tell my mommy

Old 04-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Administrator

Dude I don't recall ever seeing you post before, but with your antagonistic attitude you won't be around long. Shut down the "you idiots", "suck my ***", and "moron" insults now. One more attack like that and I'll ban you permanently from the site. You have an opinion about the car and that's fine, you're entitled to it like anyone else. What you're not entitled to is the right to slam or attack others who look at your views differently. Join dates mean nothing - you have been registered for years and have posted almost nothing. Others have registered recently but have contributed a lot (one guy is a recently-registered Audi mechanic - do you think his low post count means he knows nothing about what he's talking about on here?).

Cliff Notes version of this - feel free to express your opinion of the car here without throwing handfuls of **** at those who disagree. Intelligent debate is what makes this place meaningful. But attack another member again and you can go **** off the people on another forum.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:14 AM
3rd Gear

I believe he's also lieing about he's spent $20,000 on a 1.8t which is audi's/vw best engine since the 80's i call complete bs i would like to see proof.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:59 AM
2nd Gear

Please unless the ban hammer on this tool already.

What a load of BS, I need hip waders and a shovel just to get through it.

My 01 Audi isn't suffering from any of the problems your talking about, so 10 years later and the car is still fine. Flaws or not, when it boils down to it, it's always about how the owners take care of it.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:04 AM
1st Gear

I have all receipts. No BS
What do you want me to do to prove it?
Are all these people fos too??
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...di_sludge.html

Old 04-10-2011, 09:36 AM
1st Gear

i am a new audi owner. i have only owned one for a few months. i joined this site to ask a couple of questions regarding non factory parts.....something i can't learn at the dealership. i used to be an audi tech now i work as a race car mechanic working on primarily audi, bmw, vovlo, mercedes, saab, lexus, and infiniti cars. i get to see all the problems on all the high end vehicles. i've done sludge repairs to audi bmw and saab vehicles. asking the customer about oil changes they replied they have been following the rec. service intervals of 10 or 15k. after explaining to them they should do no more than 5 k fixing their car there has never been another problem. even when i worked for audi the other techs and I would try to convince each customer to come back every 5k and just have an oil change done between each service. and we would always reset their service light to come back on at 5k through the instrument panel. now granted this is only the sludge problem i am addressing. i am convinced with all the audi's i work on including my own that it never matters how well you take care of it or what work you do to it something else will break and it usually doesn't take that long to happen. 2 of my customers go to track events with their audi's and rarely make it between oil changes with out us having to repair something on their car. they put money up for any and all repairs that need made every time we see them but something else always happens. out of my control and the owners ( the parts failing usually have nothing to do with them tracking the car) but if you are going to bitch about your audi's sludge problem maybe you should have thought to yourself when you got the car.. now they are telling me 10k oil changes. my last car needed to have them a 3k. did they make some super engine that saves oil longer......sorry they didn't.

Quick Reply: Engineering Flaws Behind the 1.8T